Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transit custom users

Cghwindowcleaning

if you have the transit custom with load liner did many of you leave this in when installing a system or remove it?
For those that left it in have you found any problems with it and wish you pulled it out before bolting a tank through it?

I bought the liner because it waterproofs the hole floor and insulates it as well.

Ive tried protecta kote which only lasted a year and the ply still got rote.

I bought the liner because it waterproofs the hole floor and insulates it as well.

Ive tried protecta kote which only lasted a year and the ply still got rote.

If you have spilt water or had and leaks have you found the liner to remain damp or hold on to the water like a sponge and smell damp?

Have you bolted a tank through it and have you found water to get trapped between the liner and metal floor?

My last van had speed liner which is great but not sure if i need it with the liner.

I had a leak two weeks ago and the water just stays on the liner, it doesn’t absorb it or smell.

My tank is just strapped atm but my electric reel is bolted to the floor, I’ve checked between the liner and metal floor and always found it dry, it is a tight fit so I guess that helps.

the downside is that the liner is slippery for buckets or things like that but the tank doesn’t move at all.

As you know I've got a grippa system. I would have preferred to have painted the floor myself then had everything bolted in.

Flooded the van a few times but never noticed a damp smell from the foam bit you're on about. 

Best bet is to seal all the holes that are drilled through the liner. 

As you know I've got a grippa system. I would have preferred to have painted the floor myself then had everything bolted in.

Flooded the van a few times but never noticed a damp smell from the foam bit you're on about. 

Best bet is to seal all the holes that are drilled through the liner. 

I was unsure if you had left the liner in your van I thought you had the floor sprayed for some reason.

My current van has speed liner it's a great product but with the new van having a load liner i'm not sure it's needed.What I don't want is in the event of a water spill or flood for the liner to act like a sponge and remain damp holding on to the water.

To be honest it's unlikely grippa will be fitting my new van out so they may have taken the dilemma out for me.

Thanks for the replies

Back