Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who to appeal to?

TWC

Im just on the verge of taking on my first employee and after reading the gov.uk website it talks about disciplinary and grievance policies. Now I’ve had experience of d&g when I worked in retail and interviews were always done by two people interviewing ( one asking questions the other note taking), the person who was being investigated and a rep of there choosing (normally another employee). Same with a grievance procedure although it would be a higher up manager leading it. 

Now if it’s your first employee then there’s just you and him/her in the company how do you deal with d&g with regard note takers, reps, appeals etc?

Obviously hope to never need this but it is a legal requirement I believe that you have to set out a policy to a new employee?

Any advice greatly appreciated 

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of employment is common sense. In the first 2 years an employee has no right to a tribunal for unfair dismissal unless they are accusing you of being racist or otherwise discriminatory to them.

You need to show due diligence... Such a wide ranging statement who the hell knows what it means. I would make sure they have proper training and you record it somewhere with a signature from both of you. Lots of one man band type guys have a handy helper on the books. Kudos to you for wanting to do it all legit though.

Back