Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up.. equipment advice

mike-71

Hi guys , I have been given a Honda 390 power washer with attachments and so far just been practicing. I was looking for advice if a flat surface cleaner is needed or things like a duo turbo nozzle to clean bigger areas. Any advice much appreciated , 

thanks in advance 

The duo turbos are good but for large areas you cant beat a combination of turbo and flat surface cleaner, I generally take the thick of it off with the FSC as it minimises the splatter effect then rinse down and go over the joints of block paving with a turbo (At an angle, never straight down!) to clear any stubborn weeds/moss. always best to have both tools available but if I was to pick one then it would be the fsc as you cant beat it for speed and mess reduction and you can always go over any tough patches with the lance (slower than a turbo but works as well)

Much appreciated for that reply ? I was looking at one yesterday but as I’m very new was just getting as much advice as possible first . Could you recommend a good flat surface cleaner and kind of price? Thanks Ben 

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak to Ben Marriot at Rutland pumps he is very helpful and no hard sell , make sure that any fsc  you buy is jetted correctly for your pressure washer , I agree with what @Ben23 sais  

The duo turbos are good but for large areas you cant beat a combination of turbo and flat surface cleaner, I generally take the thick of it off with the FSC as it minimises the splatter effect then rinse down and go over the joints of block paving with a turbo (At an angle, never straight down!) to clear any stubborn weeds/moss. always best to have both tools available but if I was to pick one then it would be the fsc as you cant beat it for speed and mess reduction and you can always go over any tough patches with the lance (slower than a turbo but works as well)

Don't think you have used a twin turbo lance. Its really the same as a FCS because it splits the flow. I bought one and couldn't believe the difference. :1f44d:

Would it be worth having that alone or a FCS and a single turbo?? 
We use a flat surface cleaner for bigger surfaces , I use a vario nozzle for the edges , I also have a turbo nozzle but don’t use it that much to be honest it does do a good job but makes so much mess : I have tried the turbo for the edges and generaly find that the vario nozzle does just as good a Job with far less mess , I know some will swear by a turbo but I prefer the vario 

FCS is about £500 and a twin turbo with lance is £170. Beginning to get busy now the weather is good.
 I’m hoping to pick a bit of work up in the next few weeks , totally new to this but will give it a good go. Just taking advice off people with more knowhow and knowledge will be good for me . Will look into a FSC this week.

cheets mate 

What did you end up going for in the end? Having the same debate myself. It sort of make sense just to buy the twin turbo and buy a fsc later on when youve made some money..... ?

What did you end up going for in the end? Having the same debate myself. It sort of make sense just to buy the twin turbo and buy a fsc later on when youve made some money..... ?
 Hi I am using a turbo nozzle at the moment and it’s working ok , BUT I am gonna go for the fsc as it’s much tidier and does a good job. I’m still really new to this to be honest . I still need to work out charges for driveways etc ?

Latest Posts

Back