Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone tried Ionics contact foam?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The foam is £32 for 4 x 1litre bottles, the sprayer is £450+vat, I have no need for that as I have a gardiners backpack and DA components nozzles. I would only buy the foam itself.

I have watched the video and I would confidently say that we would get the same results using virosol , and a 25 ltr drum of that costs around £30 and when diluted 10-1 goes a long way , ionics stuff is very good I have two of there systems but it’s all grossely over priced 

Lol Ionic ! Prices bit over the top .. 

I have a 2nd hand v4 system by them with a 29" r/o filter. i call them for price ? lol £ 650+ vat.. ohh my god i thought but im only doing domestic work i said to the lady on the phone, i cannot justify that price esp as that system is no longer in use but membranes just sitting on a lonely shelf ! i asked for discount..i got laughed off...

I call another window cleaning shop & purchest a 20" membrane & holder for £220 all in & best thing i have done as my water ppm in is 390/420 & out now is 13ppm.. D i resin lasts forever now ! Happy days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some price comparing & found Vyair v/good and switched . I may have Bastardized my set up but v/happy with result. Saved me loads.  

Hi everyone just been reading the comments on the topic and I've been looking at purchasing this system myself but a bit hesitant on the price!! So I'm really open to anyone's suggestions on the alternatives to get a really good finish. I have been using pressure washing with an extendable lance but don't want to use that anymore as worried about water pressure sending water up into the eaves of the roof. Any ideas please guys? I like the sound of the virisol but what would you use then to scrub it all off? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys 

The foam is £32 for 4 x 1litre bottles, the sprayer is £450+vat, I have no need for that as I have a gardiners backpack and DA components nozzles. I would only buy the foam itself.
Did you buy this foam? The video does make it look like you don’t have to scrub it at all, but that probably isn’t the case. 

Saw this on YouTube, looks pretty good, promotional videos usually do though. Anyone used it?

https://www.ionicsystems.com/uk/product/contact-foam/
It would be great if you could just spray something on and leave it for 10mins and jet it off but I don't think so. I feel the best way to clean a conservatory is to get a scaffold or platform 3 feet below the gutter level. Spray whole area with a hose connected to outside tap and then spray whole area with a diluted degreaser. Connect wfp to outside tap and scrub away the gutter can be cleaned with a small scouring pad and rinsed with wfp. That's how I do them and I have yet to find a better way but always open to new ideas.

It would be great if you could just spray something on and leave it for 10mins and jet it off but I don't think so. I feel the best way to clean a conservatory is to get a scaffold or platform 3 feet below the gutter level. Spray whole area with a hose connected to outside tap and then spray whole area with a diluted degreaser. Connect wfp to outside tap and scrub away the gutter can be cleaned with a small scouring pad and rinsed with wfp. That's how I do them and I have yet to find a better way but always open to new ideas.
Talking of platform, Ive got a lot of solar panels to do soon, about 50 I think. Would you think the job would be less strenuous/easier if I set up a platform and moved it along, rather than just doing from the ground? I thinking to get some anyway, for conny roofs.

Talking of platform, Ive got a lot of solar panels to do soon, about 50 I think. Would you think the job would be less strenuous/easier if I set up a platform and moved it along, rather than just doing from the ground? I thinking to get some anyway, for conny roofs.
Absolutely, no stress on shoulders if they are the same level and even better if they are higher. We used to check multi storey flats and found it easier to take the lift to the top and check each floor on way down, used little energy.

Absolutely, no stress on shoulders if they are the same level and even better if they are higher. We used to check multi storey flats and found it easier to take the lift to the top and check each floor on way down, used little energy.
Will have to have a go setting up the landlords scaffold tower, see how long they take. hopefully doesnt take too much time/effort but no doubt they will vary.

Will have to have a go setting up the landlords scaffold tower, see how long they take. hopefully doesnt take too much time/effort but no doubt they will vary.
That's why I'm buying the Camlock agr tower because there is only two poles to use at the beginning. After that its all frames that clamp together.

You love new toys Scottish, how did you get on with your exceed buys, did you buy slick connects? 
Fine, bar the black release tube slide off. Tried to glue it on but fell off again, waiting till I get CT1 from merchants. Going hoseless was a great idea and fitting underfloor rollers is great because you can lock your van. Not many things left to buy now, a gennie and Elite poles or full set up. Getting a lot of gardening gear coming from Germany as I have large hedges to remove and a massive 6 foot fence to erect next month. Mortgage holiday was a god send for my shopping list. ?

Fine, bar the black release tube slide off. Tried to glue it on but fell off again, waiting till I get CT1 from merchants. Going hoseless was a great idea and fitting underfloor rollers is great because you can lock your van. Not many things left to buy now, a gennie and Elite poles or full set up. Getting a lot of gardening gear coming from Germany as I have large hedges to remove and a massive 6 foot fence to erect next month. Mortgage holiday was a god send for my shopping list. ?
Never tried the hose less set up, I just trap hose in van doors if necessary. 
very busy for you then

Never tried the hose less set up, I just trap hose in van doors if necessary. 
very busy for you then
Aye but it only takes me 8 days to do my monthly window cleans. The rest of the time I'm doing add-ons which I prefer to do. The windows are good because I don't need to use much energy and fairly relaxing and only takes me 4hrs each day. Getting a new window customer through Checkatrade each week now so I'm all over the place. Hotwater system, Extreme 18 pole and electric reel means little effort and a happy customer.

I've used and still got a half empty Ionics spray foam bottle - it's meh - as with all things ionics it's price point is top end of top end....still have half left - active agent is hypo - I just use weak hypo mix with surfactant much much cheaper/volume and spray thru a cone nozzle using WFP (da components?)  - and does a great job on connies etc - powered by a Gardiners backpack - often though pure does the job - depends if the 'starting' point is low (ie uber green and stubborn 'looking') (Johnny et al don't use pressure ! most connies are NOT waterproof - they leak when it rains let alone turning a PW on it! Chems used well - yes, Pressure on conny - no - not needed. Gentle does it.

Conclusion - it's hypo - blend your own and test/use with care and save the £

I've used and still got a half empty Ionics spray foam bottle - it's meh - as with all things ionics it's price point is top end of top end....still have half left - active agent is hypo - I just use weak hypo mix with surfactant much much cheaper/volume and spray thru a cone nozzle using WFP (da components?)  - and does a great job on connies etc - powered by a Gardiners backpack - often though pure does the job - depends if the 'starting' point is low (ie uber green and stubborn 'looking') (Johnny et al don't use pressure ! most connies are NOT waterproof - they leak when it rains let alone turning a PW on it! Chems used well - yes, Pressure on conny - no - not needed. Gentle does it.

Conclusion - it's hypo - blend your own and test/use with care and save the £
Thank you for your view, I have screwfix degreaser at the moment, just looking for other solutions. 
quite liked the handy bottle size, but like you say if I can get the same solution for cheaper, then it’s a no brained. 

Latest Posts

Back