Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Neighbours and mess/noise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Glazenwasser (.NL)

Looking at alot of posts I see turbo's and twin turbo nozzles are very popular but create alot of mess..... How do you keep this down and do you find neighbours create a fuss about noise and or mess/water spray?

Neighbours I find see one very intriguing when it comes to cleaning especially if they are women. Usually they ask you to clean things for them or ask for a quote. As long as you tell everyone that you will clean up when you are finished they are happy with that. I always PW their car for free to keep them happy. As for the mess, you can put down salvage sheets but I tell them that the moss and dirt is good for the grass and plants. Patios are good to clean up because they look better than before. Windows, doors and PVC must be hosed down or PW before you finish. Take photos of before and after and you can tell the difference. I usually PW midweek when folk are at work and see no one until the schools come out and by then I am usually finished and long gone by then. Oh, another thing you must clean before you go is all the wheelie bins which are usually covered in moss, if you don't then expect a phone call around 5pm.

What I do is, tell the customer to pre warn the neighboir I'm coming to pressure wash. Then they can take indoors things like canopies or cushions, washing on line ect. 

If they haven't told them the morning I arrive before I start I knock on doors and advise them to move their car. I dont really pressure wash cars incase they have a vehicle which gets professionally valetered incase they blame me for of its spoilt. 

Visiting the neighnour is a chance to quote them to have theirs done as well..

I have no major problems using a turbo lance. Ideally I blow the dirt into the middle of  whatever I am cleaning to minimise debris going in the neighbours. Plus I wash down walls windows & sills with the lance with a good bit of distance so no damage occurs.

I tend to turn the machine on at 08.30am so they cant complain about the noise. Sometimes you do get pita neighbours. One guy complained about sand that had left a stain down the street once... I just told him the rain will wash it away which it did.

Another thing to always wash down, the garage door. 

Back