Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

slowly slowly catch the monkey

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DJT

Hi All, 

My current method of cleaning fascias and guttering is ubik diluted in a bucket and dip and scrub and rinse with customers tap. Sometimes i feel it takes me a long time to do these jobs and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks that would help speed up these jobs or is this more practice needed? ( i have been going 1 year full time and 5 years part time!)

Cheers

Dan 

Have you tried using hot water as well?

What pole are you using? The more rigid and lighter the better.

What brush are you using? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't got a hot water system.

CLX 18 and 27

Not sure what brush it is i'm afraid. A gardiners one. 

I would say its taking me about 2 hours for a three bed semi. 

Wasn't sure if there was a quicker method. I may be looking for something that doesnt exist other than a better pole and brush combo like @THL4KEL mentioned.

Trying to increase my £/PH by being quicker but may just need to increase prices. 

I dont have a hot water system. I just take 4 -  25 litre containers of hot water with me. Stick it in a back pack and then just dip brush in virosol. Rinse off with cold water if water is low. 

SLX helped me work fast than using a Unger whippy pole.

We use a Gardiners back pack with a 10-1 mix of virosol spray it on the gfs then a quick rub with wfp rinse job done , we do use hot water though , there are 3 bed semis and 3 bed semis size wise but a typical estate house we do all the gfs and windows in about 1-1:5 house . 

We do dozens of them , I think once you are more experienced you will speed up a bit depending what you are charging then it shouldn’t be to bad money wise we charge £65 for the gfs , +£15 for the windows , if it has a conservatory that will increase the price by a further £65- £150 on a semi depending on size and construction type and add between a further 1-2 hours to the job time 

I was thinking about using my backpack and putting a mix in their of ubik or something similar in there and also buying a DA components nozzle so i can apply it more directly. 

I have been at £40 for a standard 3 bed semi GFS, but going to up that to £60 minimum. I quoted a lady the other day to do her conny roof £60, and her GFS £60, its a bungalow so i thought good money, she replied yes without even blinking which made me think i should have put another £20 on at least! 

Maybe you need to charge a little extra as this kind of work is a graft sometimes and I’d certainly want more than what I can earn doing maintenance window cleans. My prices start at £25 per side so at least £75 for the smallest of semis. Try using a gardeners stiff (red one) universal sill brush. This may get the dirt off a little quicker. 

I was thinking about using my backpack and putting a mix in their of ubik or something similar in there and also buying a DA components nozzle so i can apply it more directly. 

I have been at £40 for a standard 3 bed semi GFS, but going to up that to £60 minimum. I quoted a lady the other day to do her conny roof £60, and her GFS £60, its a bungalow so i thought good money, she replied yes without even blinking which made me think i should have put another £20 on at least! 

Thats more like it well done .

Backpack with Ubik in it.....WFP with brush with fan jets fitted....spray the full length with Ubik through the pole and brush....scrub the full length with brush spraying a bit more on as needed as you go along....rinse with either hosereel from outside tap....or I have a spray nozzle that fits on end of pole so if pressure is **** use this from tap or tank.

Latest Posts

Back