Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sand, sand everywhere ...

Thanks.... I was more thinking why the course sand with stones and not fine kds type sand

Looks like roughcast and they have used it as drainage rather than kiln dried sand. There maybe a recently roughcasted wall and they had stuff left over.
Yeah.... This is  a pretty posh house nothing done cheaply around the place...

Thought there might be a specific reason for the sand choice.....hey perhaps drainage is the reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I'm out and about here in .NL the more I'm seeing this rough sand/stone mix in pavers..... Why not just use this instead of KDS? ( PS I know nothing about stone laying at all).... on a previous post someone did suggest that drainage may be a reason for use but why use kds when this can be used ?

IMG_20190405_115312.jpg

IMG_20190405_084918.jpg

Suppose its comes down to the fact, that its what is available from the local building merchant by you... Or maybe its used due to drainage.

Try and source a supplier of kiln sand as it looks a lot better than that.

Been checking around and this all seems to be in connection with what is termed SUDS in the UK.... I.e drainage...  And as most of .NL is close to or below see level it makes sense..... So my next question is anyone here have experience of cleaning SUDS surfaces and replacing the fine grit/stone filler?

Latest Posts

Back