Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How on Earth.....

Carts69

Just done a conny roof clean today, the customer wants the weed up in the corner removed, I’ve got a gutter vac but don’t fancy my chances, awkward location, metal bars going around the gutter & hedgehog lengths in the gutters, any ideas?

71674B69-5F14-4E0E-B4FC-817B070E1240.jpeg

Ask them if you can hang out the upstairs window. Get your pal to hold you and lean up and pull it out. I thought it was meant to be there going by the size of it.
Lean out of window ? be ideal if I were Stretch Armstrong! Too greater distance for that, yea it looks happy where it’s growing, I’d say it’s thriving up there, enjoying the rays.

Just wondering if I could rig up a long hook or something similar?

I can't tell from the picture but round here the houses with those stupid bars in front of the gutter have them to stop the ridiculous old tiles from falling and killing people. If that's the case don't touch it man.

In terms of reaching it a conservatory ladder is the only way I can see. I've got difficult ones out with the vac before but not with those stupid things in front.

Aye, looks like a few years growth there and what's the idea with metal bars?

Get you to clean the conny roof then they want the gutters cleared, I usually get those jobs in that order.
Metal bars...no idea why they are there, yep as soon as that weed is lifted.. the conny rood will need a rinse down...again.

I have just messaged the customer, I’m gonna give it a go tomorrow morning, see if the vac will lift it? 

Metal bars...no idea why they are there, yep as soon as that weed is lifted.. the conny rood will need a rinse down...again.

I have just messaged the customer, I’m gonna give it a go tomorrow morning, see if the vac will lift it? 
If you haven't got a spike to break it up then attack it from either side with the vac to try and break it up.

I can't tell from the picture but round here the houses with those stupid bars in front of the gutter have them to stop the ridiculous old tiles from falling and killing people. If that's the case don't touch it man.

In terms of reaching it a conservatory ladder is the only way I can see. I've got difficult ones out with the vac before but not with those stupid things in front.
Aaah, that’s why the bars are there, kinda makes sense as they are only around the area of the conny...I suppose to stop any tiles falling on it, ?

If you haven't got a spike to break it up then attack it from either side with the vac to try and break it up.
Good point PT, certainly will do ?

Aaah, that’s why the bars are there, kinda makes sense as they are only around the area of the conny...I suppose to stop any tiles falling on it, ?
Round here there are 600 year old buildings with roof tiles the size of some children. They used to stack them with little to no way of fixing. If this is similar then be extremely careful mate, they would cut the average guy in half!!

If it doesn't budge then give the gutter a good soaking and it should loosen it up a bit.
Yea but wouldn’t that make it heavier to lift?

Round here there are 600 year old buildings with roof tiles the size of some children. They used to stack them with little to no way of fixing. If this is similar then be extremely careful mate, they would cut the average guy in half!!
I shall be aware of that & be extra cautious, cheers ?

Verse 4 chapter six, Old Testament ?
Please tell me you’ve seen the lord of the rings trilogy, if not, you haven’t lived ?

It’s worth taking a day off for?, you’ll need about 9 hours to get through the lot. With many a cup of tea, lets say 10 1/2 hours. And you’ll be born again bud 

Please tell me you’ve seen the lord of the rings trilogy, if not, you haven’t lived ?

It’s worth taking a day off for?, you’ll need about 9 hours to get through the lot. With many a cup of tea, lets say 10 1/2 hours. And you’ll be born again bud 
Like the idea of the tea

Latest Posts

Back