Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Update on gutter vac job

Pjj

Premium Member
Today we did this job that I put pictures up of a few weeks ago apparently it cannot be done from the ground ??? we did it took 1.5 hours , it was solid soil in the gutters and just like a turf lawn , but we got it out ok 

9BD43869-87B7-4285-8838-F06BFA4C2178.jpeg

E936F453-5641-466A-9F68-9F06905B6403.jpeg

2F947B24-479F-4B65-8110-AA81344EA6A7.jpeg

1D613EB2-0328-4D23-9D4E-0689E7EBDA8D.jpeg

Well done u n customer be happy.  Was it a 3000wt vac u used?

It was a 3600 watt 110volt run off a genie but my smaller 2400 watt 240 volt would have done the job just as well , but I needed the larger drum capacity to save emptying it so often , we did several jobs yesterday that produced a lot of waist .

I have a cam but find i don't need it as you can feel when the gutter is clear. the only time i use it is when the customer wants me to give a full gutter inspection, I have it mounted on an old 32 pole.

Excuse silly question BUT

Is a camera essential on a gutter vac?

No it’s not but a decent one is a very useful tool to have , a ladder is also usefull  there are some jobs that you will still need to get up there . 

I have a cam but find i don't need it as you can feel when the gutter is clear. the only time i use it is when the customer wants me to give a full gutter inspection, I have it mounted on an old 32 pole.
Sorry to disagree but that's like saying I can clean windows with my eyes shut. If you can't see what you are doing you can't see what you leave behind. Yes you might get most of it out but I promise you the gutters won't be clean, to a standard I call clean. Just like the windows that you did with your eyes shut. 

Yes if you want to price jobs up properly and do a top class job. You have 2 options get up on ladders and have a look or stick a camera up, I know what I would prefer. 

I agree with you but for someone starting out i would say spend more on a decent vac and poles and buy the camera later when you can afford it , you can use a ladder for quotes and to check you have done it properly . The camera system we have cost around £500 if memory serves me well , that’s as much as some spend on a vac and poles ???, most of the cheap cameras that you get with the system are rubbish ,I borrowed a skyvac camera off a friend and it was not very good at all , I think you are better off buying the camera separately if you want quality kit , also my mate has a skyvac system with the camera on the top of the vac pole he was rooting around in the gutter trying to get a big turf out and the camera fell off the pole ,as it was held on by a spring clip thing , luckily it landed in the gutter the only way to retrieve it was suck it up with the vac ???? that put me right off that type of camera system .

If you're starting up then a good ladder, safety matrix and pro gutter tools is the way to go. Only need a gutter vac if you're going above 20'

We use the vac for every job regardless of height it’s easier no mess and just empty the vac at the end of the job no bits on the ground all contained, also looks more professional the customer cannot do that themselves , we find it quicker this way , we do nothing else for the day going from one job to the next clean the vac at the end of the day , I quite enjoy it makes a change from cleaning windows ???

Back