Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips for removing dried on soap stains / hard rain marks?

RobDivision

So, long story short i have a pretty stubborn job that i'm having no luck with. Client has some pretty bad hard rain stains on the majority of their windows. Pretty old by the sounds of it. What mkes things trickier is they've tried a bunch of home remedies and who knows how many products to try and remove them and kinda just made things worse including a bunch of off-the-shelf cleaners, car windshield cleaners, and - of all things - industrial grade hand sanitisers (yep, this stuff) which has just left pretty persistent soap stains along with the hard rain.

So yeah, any seasoned vets with any go-to methods for effectively working with soap / hard rain stains?

Feed me your knowledge! ;P 

I had a client last week that complained I had missed her kitchen window last time as there were marks down her window from the overflow pipe I told her they were hard water marks and she was a bit shocked I am going to try Bar Keepers Friend as I already have some and it's less than £3 to buy I got mine from Home Bargains years ago. 

Latest Posts

Back