Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting back in the game!!!

roast beef

Evening all!

I'm looking to get back in the window game, I had a big round back in the day about 15 years ago, circa 2500 houses, which I sold when I joined the forces! The round was all done trad. Now i'm thinking about starting a new round from scratch going down the wfp route.

How much has the job changed in that time? 

Any words of advice out there?

Cheers

15 year ago , I was skipping School the odd afternoon  and working with the old bloke who done windows near my house for £30

whats changed ....

price wise , no more £5 a house , 

No more cups of coffee ,  that 10min drinking that cuppa could of made £10- 15 in that time so no thanks when I get offered,

what do you have to lose ?? Couple of grand ??  You probably waste that sitting in the boozer every Saturday night over the year , 

good luck dude 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome ?

There's a helpful post by Northumberland Window Cleaner that might help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
No more cups of coffee ,  that 10min drinking that cuppa could of made £10- 15 in that time so no thanks when I get offered,
Ha I do love a cup of coffee but time is money! I remember I used clean for an old girl and she'd take about 20 minutes making the coffee, boilng the milk! Still to this day the best cup of coffee I've had though!

you obviously kno how to get the customers ,  so van set up straight away , wouldn’t faff on with backpack in the passenger footwell, and barrel on each seat like somebody I kno on here who does it ,  mentioning no names ?

Getting customers is not going to be a problem, I've ran multiple busineses both whilst I was in the Army and once I left 2 years ago, I use Facebook and google for all my lead generation, I feel canvassing is a way out dated method of gaining new clients and isn't as effective these days!

I've been looking into van setups and think I'm going to go DIY, now I've been pouring over the website and various other resources, also checking suppliers and ebay for the bits and bobs needed, I'm still a little confused on everything I need to set it up! I was reading a post on here the other day about everything you need etc, think it was by Green Pro Clean but now I can't seem to find it and the search bar isn't working!

15 year ago , I was skipping School the odd afternoon  and working with the old bloke who done windows near my house for £30

whats changed ....

price wise , no more £5 a house , 

you obviously kno how to get the customers ,  so van set up straight away , wouldn’t faff on with backpack in the passenger footwell, and barrel on each seat like somebody I kno on here who does it ,  mentioning no names ?

what do you have to lose ?? Couple of grand ??  You probably waste that sitting in the boozer every Saturday night over the year , 

good luck dude 
If your so desperate for money that you can’t have ten minutes for a cuppa, you have my sympathy.

You will offend several of the members on here that work out of cars.

‘Sitting in a boozer every Saturday night’ isn’t wasting money. That’s a way of relaxing, it’s called enjoying yourself and I do it every Friday and Saturday because it makes working hard worthwhile.

Go for it @roast beef, put in the hard work and hope it works out for you ?

@roast beef it sounds like you've got what it takes to make a successful business, diy is good if you have a good mechanic to fit a frame around a tank from https://purefreedom.co.uk/product-category/tanks-and-cages/cages/  I would definitely recommend having a tank and frame fitted professionally I'll put a pic of my delivery set up from PureFreedom

If you don't know your tap water tds get a tds meter from a reputable supplier and this will determine how much you need to spend on filtration equipment etc whether it be £100's or over 1k 

15 years ago i was in year 8 in school lol

Best of luck to u mate

Maybe in 15 years u may have 20 vans and retired with a self ran business? ?? 

Remember the sky is the limit

@Iron Giant Out of curiosity, what van do you use? I have a Citreon Berlingo Enterprise already which I use for my other business which I've sold and I've just mamaged to get 2 500 litre tanks, metal frame. 2 streamline digital pump controllers, 2 pumps and all the fittings for a very good price on ebay saving me a pretty penny if I was to buy everything separtely!

@Iron Giant Out of curiosity, what van do you use? I have a Citreon Berlingo Enterprise already which I use for my other business which I've sold and I've just mamaged to get 2 500 litre tanks, metal frame. 2 streamline digital pump controllers, 2 pumps and all the fittings for a very good price on ebay saving me a pretty penny if I was to buy everything separtely!

My van is 64 plate vauxhall combo with a payload of 650kg I think it is and 350ltr upright tank. 

If its any help to you mate i'm only 20 mins up the motorway, you're welcome to come look over my set up.

Evening all!

I'm looking to get back in the window game, I had a big round back in the day about 15 years ago, circa 2500 houses, which I sold when I joined the forces! The round was all done trad. Now i'm thinking about starting a new round from scratch going down the wfp route.

How much has the job changed in that time? 

Any words of advice out there?

Cheers
Best of luck with this ?

Latest Posts

Back