Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone tried this biocide?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

https://www.smartseal.co.uk/others/weed-inhibitors-weed-treatment/moss-cleaner/moss-clear-pro.htm

Anyone tried this stuff? 

Also following on, can some one point me in the right direction for getting the correct license for using a biocide? Think it’s called a PA then a number

Every website I tried looking on just kept saying “What is a biocide?” With a massive long paragraph 

No not used it but the packaging and the right up sounds very like algo clear , they do a home owners version and a pro version , I wonder if they make it for smart seal . At a dilution rate of 5-1 it’s going to be expensive , you think it goes a long way but once you start spraying it it’s surprising how much you get through , we use algo clear pro and spray and walk away at a ratio of 20-1 and 5 ltr doesn’t go far , just have to alow that in the cost of the job but it eats into the profits especially If doing large buildings .

No not used it but the packaging and the right up sounds very like algo clear , they do a home owners version and a pro version , I wonder if they make it for smart seal . At a dilution rate of 5-1 it’s going to be expensive , you think it goes a long way but once you start spraying it it’s surprising how much you get through , we use algo clear pro and spray and walk away at a ratio of 20-1 and 5 ltr doesn’t go far , just have to alow that in the cost of the job but it eats into the profits especially If doing large buildings .
Paul mate I owe you a couple of drinks, always helping me! Haga

yeh I thought it sounds good stuff too, but didn’t look closely at the ratio.

So if I get my pa1 & 6 I can get algo clear and just use that?

Where abouts did you get your license?

Paul mate I owe you a couple of drinks, always helping me! Haga

yeh I thought it sounds good stuff too, but didn’t look closely at the ratio.

So if I get my pa1 & 6 I can get algo clear and just use that?

Where abouts did you get your license?

We use algo clear  pro as it’s stronger you don’t need to use so much but it’s dearer , I did my course locally I will have to check as I think it’s one of those things that you have to re do every 3 years or so , again it’s money for old rope , I personally don’t know of any one who has ever been asked for proof  of qualifications for spraying , again I think I paid around £300 for the course ?? Always happy to help out if I can  ???

No need, mine smells like roses!  ??️?
Hey mate,

In your old roof cleaning video, the one taken from the top of the ladder. You said that “this moss is dead and will come off over the next few weeks” as you said that you went there a few days before and sprayed something. Can you remember what you used? Pre hypo. 

Thanks 

Back