Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How are you spraying solution onto fgs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, first post on the forum. Just wondering how you lot are spraying the solution onto fgs. I've read a few and they seem to be using their wfp but will this clear for when you need to do the windows with pure water? I was looking at getting a pump up sprayer but can't seem to find one with a long enough lance? 

Hi, first post on the forum. Just wondering how you lot are spraying the solution onto fgs. I've read a few and they seem to be using their wfp but will this clear for when you need to do the windows with pure water? I was looking at getting a pump up sprayer but can't seem to find one with a long enough lance? 

Use a pump up sprayer and connect your wfp to it you will need to change the fittings on the sprayer apply the chemical to the gfs  then flush your pole through with water it will be fine , then use the pole to scrub and rinse the gfs 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks pjj. Will the pump up need to be a high pressure one? Sorry carpet cleaner by trade ?

Thinking about it I do use a trolley system for Windows so could I just use chemicals in a 25ltr tub then just switch it over to pure water to flush it through? 

Thanks pjj. Will the pump up need to be a high pressure one? Sorry carpet cleaner by trade ?

Thinking about it I do use a trolley system for Windows so could I just use chemicals in a 25ltr tub then just switch it over to pure water to flush it through? 

No any pump up sprayer will work , you will have to pump it up again as you are working but it will work , we use a Gardiners back pack . 

What you suggest with your trolley will work fine just flush it through well 

I mix up in a bucket and just dip the brush in. A lot less faffing 

Is okay for low gutters but the process of getting the pole down and up takes way longer than using a dedicated applicator mix from the pole hose imo. 

I use a cheap pressure sprayer from amazon which i modified, just cut off the supplied sprayer fitting on the hose and added a pole hose connector + o ring) I use the gardiner flow valve to control the amount of solution coming out - these work great on this setup bc its hard to control the amount coming out by just pumping. Of course the dedicated backpack is the ideal option but for  8£ for the sprayer and 13£ for the flow valve its a cheap alternative that works well

I dont do many fsg. few ive done, they just dont like the price, and this puts me off them. Ive had people balk at £50 for bargeboards (on the gable end) and the soffits. Was glad, I didnt want to do it. If I find that a customer is glad to pay well for it, fair enough. Otherwise, I dont want it and dont need it. few Ive done were not bad, and just used tap water through the backpack for them, came up fine. then pure out the van for the windows after. I reckon more will start having these brown fascias/soffits. Look much better. 

Did a large house with super dirty windows the other day - decided to use the gardiner backpack to apply my ubik mix, tbh i won't be using anything else from now on - the results were great, the mix was well applied over every frame in less than 10mins, the end result seemed really good. I would recommend that technique.

Did a large house with super dirty windows the other day - decided to use the gardiner backpack to apply my ubik mix, tbh i won't be using anything else from now on - the results were great, the mix was well applied over every frame in less than 10mins, the end result seemed really good. I would recommend that technique.
Im normally dip in a bucket but I bought what PJJ uses so will be giving it a go with the Gardiners backpack on Wednesday. I have a filthy house to do.

Doing a bit of s/washing tomorrow with Gardiners backpack and a stiff brush. Did a test patch and the customer seem very happy with the result. Today I had to fit mesh around my solar panels so I decided to clean them with some degreaser. They came up great after I rinsed them with a hose. Checked how they were performing after it and they were great, well worth doing every year.

Where do I get a decent spray nozzle that fits end of a pole to apply chemical to gutters connys etc? And what's a good solution to use? Used to use ubik but anything better out there now? Cheers 

Back