Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oil stains on tarmac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Manage his expectations because it's rare to get all the staining out, and once you've cleaned everywhere else the stains can look worse...Then customer is unhappy and doesn't want to pay....

I've tried TFR, UBIK, Swarfega drive cleaner, Resiblock oil stain remover, some citrus concentrate cleaner I had lying about to name a few and none of them have removed 100% of the stains!

Also, with tarmac you can't blast it with the pressure washer as you'll damage the surface so make sure it's a "best attempt" that he's paying for ?

I would say it’s impossible  to get oil stains out of Tarmac as the oil desolves it if you put the pressure washer on it it’s likely that you will damage the contaminated tarmac as it will be soft 

Cool will let him know they've also got it on the block paving is that the same answer? 

Yep.   I've found that you try everything and it improves about 60-80% , and then natural weathering will further fade it over time.  Its better for everyone when you under promise and over-deliver than the other way around 

Back