Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo for white spots

It will kill it yes but to remove them instantly it will need pressure washing , if not over a period of some weeks/months it will gradually come off . Wet the area down first with water , then apply hypo mix , keep it wet more than one application may be needed and possibly a stronger mix up to 50% 

Hears one we did 

051E28A8-9DC8-40E0-954F-6FA4B0EC209A.jpeg

D3F263FE-4F6E-4A0E-B05D-0D3AD6C1DF49.jpeg

Small areas I use a watering can but bigger areas a gardiners backpack

Just ordered a downstream injector for my pressure washer though to make things easier

This was a small job yesterday covered in blackspot and just tipped mixed hypo straight out of the drum and brushed it inIMG-20190601-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20190601-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20190601-WA0004.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to let it dwell for a while but I just got on with the front of the house while it sat for half hour or so

Once finished I gave it a quick 2nd treatment with neat hypo on a few stubborn spots and then blasted them off

It was only a 4% mix also.. no need to go too strong

Last edited by a moderator:
I never seem to struggle with the white spots p/w smashes through them.. Black spots are the problem.

Did a job Friday put three applications off neat hypo and some still weren't budging.. That included leaving them for a couple of hours while I did 80m of fascia cleaning on the property and first clean windows.. Customers was happy about it..

I just brush the hypo on.

I never seem to struggle with the white spots p/w smashes through them.. Black spots are the problem.

Did a job Friday put three applications off neat hypo and some still weren't budging.. That included leaving them for a couple of hours while I did 80m of fascia cleaning on the property and first clean windows.. Customers was happy about it..

I just brush the hypo on.

A good dosing of hypo keep applying it and don’t let it dry out dwell time of up to 40 muinits , then pressure wash with fsc and or turbo or vario nozzle never have a problem removing it 

24CE5D85-2FAA-43A6-B086-9B644F785FA3.jpeg

5900BE8C-DD93-4034-A08C-37EB3230FCD7.jpeg

To be honest any good pressure washing machine will remove white spot its black lichen that's the real issue and where hypo at a much stronger concentration than 3% is needed. I've put it on neat 14/15% and still had issues with it and had to reapply-much depending on the porousness of the paving the lichen is on

Back