Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rained off - time for some marketing

mupps

Rained off this morning and all other jobs at home are up to date. Time for a bit of promo/marketing on social media. See how much business it generates this time. 

Meant to be raining all day here in Glasgow and not a drop of rain anywhere. I'm off with a sore back and I don't know how it happened yesterday. Gave me time to pester Grippatank regarding a hotwater tank. Will know on Friday if its a goer, need to get away from the ladders don't have the knees for it.

Meant to be raining all day here in Glasgow and not a drop of rain anywhere. I'm off with a sore back and I don't know how it happened yesterday. Gave me time to pester Grippatank regarding a hotwater tank. Will know on Friday if its a goer, need to get away from the ladders don't have the knees for it.
There was someone on here that had found something for half the price that heated water at something like 12 litres a minute, they are used with the pressure washers. If I were looking to buy something to heat the water I would be seriously looking at one of those.

I think we must have a massive umbrella over Bedfordshire!

I've checked the reports and we've lost 2 full days this year due to unworkable weather.

Today we had rain at 3pm but i was packing away!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's rained off?

Just crack on, you can't run a business taking days off due to weather.

Ill work in pretty much anything if I want to, depends if I want to not the customers!

Not rained off here ???

I’m sure @Part Timer & @steve garwood won’t mind me posting a pic ?

View attachment 16650
Have a great holiday @Tuffers.

Making think about my fifth holiday this year in around five weeks time ?

What's rained off?

Just crack on, you can't run a business taking days off due to weather.

Ill work in pretty much anything if I want to, depends if I want to not the customers!
Yep, rained bits and pieces in Bromley today. Coat and hat on, crack on.

I make sure I persevere, as I’ve definitely no intentions of working weekends ????

Have a great holiday @Tuffers.

Making think about my fifth holiday this year in around five weeks time ?

Yep, rained bits and pieces in Bromley today. Coat and hat on, crack on.

I make sure I persevere, as I’ve definitely no intentions of working weekends ????

Another cheeky week booked in Madeira soon. It has to be done ?

they got our forecast wrong, said it was going to rain all day, had ten minutes where it lashed down luckily i was sat in the van writing a quote form when it started, by the time i got out of the van to post it, it was only a light drizzle. I’ll take rain over a heatwave any day though, if it hits 30 degrees again this year i’m taking the day off and going to the beach, last summer was ridiculous i cant be doing that again. Just hope it works out that its a regular round that i can allow to run late, if its a booking well i guess i’ll just have to melt again. And man it better not be a conny roof ?

If you’re struggling with what to write Jedi, best call is to keep it basic, all people really need to know is what you do, and your contact details. Try not to appear cheap because it will bring a whole lot of messers and once people get the impression you're an easy mess around its hard to shake that bad joo joo. dont be afraid if work doesn't come in initially, it’s like fishing, persistence will usually pay off. Sometimes i land a few very profitable jobs, sometimes i land nothing whatsoever

Well, in the end it only rained in the morning and I managed to get a few jobs cleared in the afternoon. Happy me and happy customers. Back on it tomorrow for a full day. 

Latest Posts

Back