Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how many no's to how many yes's ratio

riggy

Hi all, would be intresed to hear how many no's to yes's do you find you get when canvessing ?  sure it must be hard to remember after doing 100's or even 1000's so just a genral feeling on what you all feel the avarge is.  my gess is somwhere round the 100 no's for every yes. would this be about right. apricate any feed back. 

thanks green pro. i thought it would be way more no's than that.  havnt gone out doing it yet,  just preparing for it at the moment. 

Your best option would probably be to find some friends houses to clean for free, knock the neighbours. They're more likely to say yes if they can see you cleaning a neighbours windows and its good practice to boot.

Generally you'll get more people not answer the door than do. But as Darren suggests, if your pitch/technique is ok, you'll get a decent return for those you do speak to. I generally get around 4 customers for every hour I'm knocking. Other factors of course come in to it - Demographics, time of day, which way the winds blowing and if you're wearing your lucky pants ? 

Back