Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline xr70

The clamps on the stream line poles are absolute dog shite. By far the worst clamps I have ever used. 

They are that bad they are really not useable as they are either too slack or too loose.

I bought 2 second hand for a bargain price and managed to improve the clamps using gardiner shims.

Avoid these poles unless you plan on a clamp change 

Other than that are quite stiff but that's because they are a thicker wall diameter and thus heavy.

Stick with Gardiner's still the best poles on the market despite all the other options nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they tried copying gardeners lateral clamps. If your going for a streamline I’ve used the v2’a before and they are a good pole. 

Cheers chaps.

Ive bought a 45 and 55 ish.

Will report back.

Big mistake.

The clamps are useless, I should have posted a video. They are either too tight or too slack plus you have to forceably pull the pole actions apart and close them. They are not smooth at all due to the clamps.

I only bought them for a backup pole for each van and paid £90 for two of them at that price I can live with it but if I had bought new I would send them back.

The actual poles are heavy but stiff and if you could swap the clamps would be decent enough.

Will be interesting to see what yours are like

EDIT: I'm talking about the xr70 as per title. I'm guessing you have bought something different as they don't do 50ft versions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup they’re xr70 

one is 48 reach and one 57 reach, I’m guessing.

Back home tomorrow so I’ll have a play then.

Hi would you buy this at £122 brand new 30ft xr70 as I have a 25ft(i think) gardner pole but I need an extra 4 ft to reach 1 job I do once every 8weeks

Obviously It would only be coming out once every 8weeks not for daily use.

Thanks

Jay

I would buy it for that, yes.

I would not buy them to use all day at full extension.

Given the choice, the guys go for the Smax.

Hi would you buy this at £122 brand new 30ft xr70 as I have a 25ft(i think) gardner pole but I need an extra 4 ft to reach 1 job I do once every 8weeks

Obviously It would only be coming out once every 8weeks not for daily use.

Thanks

Jay
Would it not make sense to buy an extension section for your Gardiner pole?

Latest Posts

Back