Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwash course

Thanks mate.I tried excatly that.A fair amount is directed to Youtube.I do recall someone quoting..youtube can be misleading,dont believe everything.I couldnt agree more.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks mate.I tried excatly that.A fair amount is directed to Youtube.I do recall someone quoting..youtube can be misleading,dont believe everything.I couldnt agree more.

Thanks anyway.

There is a lot of misleading and potentially dangerous advice on YouTube with softwashing , but watching the basic videos will give you an idear of how it’s done and what it will and won’t do , I am no expert but am happy to help with any specific questions , but you need to have a bit of an idear what it’s about first and google is good for that . 

Hi all,after rained off today.Thought id make use of time.

Soft wash via either Google or You tube is according to them :pressure washing with a backpack & lance...using Hypo (Bleach) to re fresh a patio or drive.

Same as Pressure washing then,i hear some of you say..Draw your own conclusions??‍♂️.

Purple rhino has some training courses that have been recommended by other members of WC Forum. 
Thanks for your feedback Bbcer.Via past experience,myself & people i know of,have found "courses dont deliver",effectively.Yout better of teaching yourself.You pay alot of money,for a certificate that means "nothing".

Thanks anyway?.

Thanks for your feedback Bbcer.Via past experience,myself & people i know of,have found "courses dont deliver",effectively.Yout better of teaching yourself.You pay alot of money,for a certificate that means "nothing".

Thanks anyway?.

I have the opposite view on courses. I love them and find there is always a nugget or two in them. I like the fact when a customer asks me regarding the subject and I tell them I have been on the course. When I was young I used to have the waste of time frame of mind but not now. Money always comes to knowledge. ?

I have the opposite view on courses. I love them and find there is always a nugget or two in them. I like the fact when a customer asks me regarding the subject and I tell them I have been on the course. When I was young I used to have the waste of time frame of mind but not now. Money always comes to knowledge. ?

Dont get me wrong Scottish Cleaning Service - Any course needs tobe researched thoroughly for Value & Knowledge.Courses these days,seem to be "Money spinners for the government",such as CPC courses for HGV drivers.

Knowlege IS power,with that in mind,money is the aim.Thats why people start a business my good friend.

I enjoy learning,i dont enjoy "bad value".

Purple rhinos course is very good I have been softwashing for over 10 years and did there course and realised just how little I did actually know , and Evan worse was working in a dangerous way I learned a lot and would thoroughly recommend it at £400 was good value for money less than one job and you have your money back 

Darran just wants to sell his products though.

That's what annoys me with all the courses available. 
There was no hard sell when we went up there they Evan showed us how To make our own softwashing machines , and that’s what I have done 

Last edited by a moderator:
Darran just wants to sell his products though.

That's what annoys me with all the courses available. 
Dave B.Ive not personally looked at "Darrans courses".However,that is excatly  what bothers me.Its money before anything else.Which is why,researching a course is key.Then its Q & A's to establish whether its content is relative for £'s..

There was no hard sell when we went up there they Evan showed us how To make our own softwashing machines , and that’s what I have done 
Maybe Pjj.It was a "Promo Offer",to generate business?‍♂️.

Pjj is a good guy and may have got good info from Darren (purple rhino) and not knocking the relevance of his courses. 

I'm only talking from personal experience and learning all aspects of softwashing from my own research.

He may be of benefit to you just not for me.

I'm self taught and know what I'm doing from experience and advice from ben at benz softwash and others.

I have no need for a course.

It may benefit you.

Dave B.Ive not personally looked at "Darrans courses".However,that is excatly  what bothers me.Its money before anything else.Which is why,researching a course is key.Then its Q & A's to establish whether its content is relative for £'s..

Maybe Pjj.It was a "Promo Offer",to generate business?‍♂️.

no it wasn’t ,I believe in saying it as it is , it was a good informative course with very useful folder of the course content that you can use for reference, at £400 for the two/three days it was exceptional value for money and no hard sell , if you wanted to go to his unit to see the machines you had to ask , the course was class room in the mornings and out using the products on real buildings in the afternoons 

Pjj is a good guy and may have got good info from Darren (purple rhino) and not knocking the relevance of his courses. 

I'm only talking from personal experience and learning all aspects of softwashing from my own research.

He may be of benefit to you just not for me.

I'm self taught and know what I'm doing from experience and advice from ben at benz softwash and others.

I have no need for a course.

It may benefit you.
Dave B..Pjj seems a nice guy.I like you,initially research courses before hand.Similar to buying a car,a house etc.Thats natural Dave B.Again,similar to you,id prefer to teach myself.If i then have issues.I'll look at a course buddy?.

Dave B..Pjj seems a nice guy.I like you,initially research courses before hand.Similar to buying a car,a house etc.Thats natural Dave B.Again,similar to you,id prefer to teach myself.If i then have issues.I'll look at a course buddy?.
Pjj does have a wealth of knowledge however he has got it he definitely knows what he is doing.

Pjj does have a wealth of knowledge however he has got it he definitely knows what he is doing.

I watched a load of videos on YouTube initially , then experimented with things myself , trust me you don’t want to believe everything you see and read on the internet some of it is down right dangerous, I went on the course thinking I knew it all as have been doing some substantial buildings , but after doing the course I realised just how little I did know , I learned a lot , self learning is good to a degree but if it goes pair shaped and someone tries to prosicute  you the hse will throw the book at you , using hypo is totally different to cleaning windows  squirt some one with pure it’s fine do that with hypo you could blind them , training is always worth having . Such questions as how much hypo can you legally carry ?? What can legally be mixed with hypo and what cannot ?? Hylothorms and clorothorms what are they and will they affect you and others whilst working , theses are just a few of the things you need to be aware of when using hypo , it’s not as straight forward as ones initially think , just go carefully and don’t hurt yourself or others 

£400 is peanuts for a softwash course. I spend £5k on a future trading course for two weeks. It was the best 5 grand I have every spent. I know exactly how the stockmarket and derivatives work now. Pjj and I couldn't care less if you go on the softwashing course or not, all we are doing is recommending the course to anyone wanting to gain knowledge on the subject. fwiw

Back