Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SMASHING IT!!!!

Doddy111

Unbelievable the size of this lads company. It must take some hard work, dedication and a massive set of balls to grow to this size. 

Puts my £100 Facebook boost to shame ?

9E79306E-3260-40D7-A093-CC1F7A0AD9D0.png

0036A136-A1E4-48E1-BE1D-FDE4724E9CB8.png

FF5E196A-2E74-48C5-A64B-C742532AF3E6.png

He sold his house to release equity. Bought 10 vans, rented an office and booked a leaflet drop of 1000000 leaflets with Royal Mail. 

Unlike the stickers in the back of kids cars 'built not bought' this was literally bought. 

You could do the same if you sell you house.  

be intresting to know what kind of profit is made each year, after repaying the out lay and running costs wages etc.   then theres renting somwhere to live while ur making the money back or having to start a new morgage because all the money from the house is wrapped up in the company.  not saying there isnt any profit or its not worth it or wont pay off in the long run,  just that big companys can sound amazing from the outside looking in with big 6 or 7 figar numbers in turn over. but real profits a hard thing to get no matter how big the company, then getting that profit into ur own pocket is even harder again.  personaly i wouldnt trade a home thats morgage free and mine of any kind of work.   everyones got there own idea of what thay value in life thow. hope it comes good for them. 

It's hard to argue against his logic on the leaflet drop statistics though ?

It's making me think more about trying flyers now.

Working off an average of £12.60 a customer on a monthly cycle, about right I would have thought. 

That must be some headache to manage 

He’s listed his profit on CIU up a few times. It’s very good compared to turnover. 

I aiming for a a million pound turnover and 20% of that will do me nicely. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Working off an average of £12.60 a customer on a monthly cycle, about right I would have thought. 

That must be some headache to manage 

He only does six weekly not monthly.

He’s listed his profit on CIU up a few times. It’s very good compared to turnover. 

I aiming for a a million pound turnover and 20% of that will do me nicely. 

Oh well..... if it's on CIU then it must be true! ??

It's hard to argue against his logic on the leaflet drop statistics though ?

It's making me think more about trying flyers now.
on paper it dose, will it really translate into reality. im doing a 1000 leaflet drop at the moment. if the theory is right i  should get a min of 10 people wanting quotes or in other words a 1 percent response minimum...?   corse thats still only responding about wanting an quote only. not garentted any will say yes....I should have them all delivered by the end of the week.  Im not convinced that I will get any reply from it to be honest. I thought over the same numbers. speed of leaflet posting versa door knocking. is leaflet droping faster, maybe 50 to 70 posted an hour depending on lay out of street frontage. so say should get 1 to 3 percent call back to leaflets.  door knocking maybe talk to only 10 people an hour...more or less.  maybe get a yes out of 2 to 4 of them....?  maybe get nothing but nos some times... can toy with numbers all day long.  

one astate I droped in today every single house seemd to have sneaky clean frames, glass and doors...lol. have I droped in a area thats just too well covered already... are my leaflets just not right.  window cleaning is odd in the way that its still one of the few trades left where door to door cold calling is still the main way in which it works.  i mean how offen do oven cleaners, house cleaners, dog walkers, plasters. eletricains, plumbers, kitchen fitters or even landscapers go knocking on doors from 5 to 7.30 pm in the evenings introducing themselfs and promoting there companies....  

I looked at  doing a local monthly magazine add versa leaflets. a half page colour add printed in 5000 copys posted it worked out at 4p a copy to be in there.  another magazine had 6 diffrent areas to choose from all getting 10,000 copys posted. few hundard pound to be in there devided by the number of copys worked out again at 4p a copy half page colour. 10,000 adds at 1 percent return should mean 100 enquirys.... plus someone else dose all the leg work of delivering them.   you could argue ur add gets lost amoung all the other adds so its less direct. them again the plus is its part of credible local magazine and it so say stays in peoples houses for longer so less chance of being bined stright away. plus at 4p an add it worked out slightly cheaper than having lealets printed per unit. so  you could say if your going work of mass numbers of adds throw the door going via local magazines could make more scense numbers wise.  in truth will it thow. dose this 1 to 3 percent return thing relly work with window cleaning.   to me it sounds just to simple doing an add for afew hundared pound and then getting my phone to ring 80 or 100 odd times in the coming weeks after the magazines been posted out.  wish i did know which would play out being the most cost affective way. 

im doing a 1000 leaflet drop at the moment. if the theory is right i  should get a min of 10 people wanting quotes or in other words a 1 percent response minimum...?   corse thats still only responding about wanting an quote only. not garentted any will say yes....I should have them all delivered by the end of the week.

Please let us know your results ?

I'm always interested in the stats on flyer drops.  As far as I have seen from other people's results, it works out at around a 0.3% customer conversion rate.

So, according to that, you should get at least 3 customers from your drop of 1000.

Please let us know your results ?

I'm always interested in the stats on flyer drops.  As far as I have seen from other people's results, it works out at around a 0.3% customer conversion rate.

So, according to that, you should get at least 3 customers from your drop of 1000.
will do. had nothing back yet and about half way throw...  im pritty conviced already its by far not the best way to generate a result.  not being negative but with the time and hours spend dropping plus flyer costs it just feels like im hoping to hit a bat by shooting into the night sky.  2 out of a 1000 is still 2 more than befor but there must be a more direct approach.  been hearing about the lead generation on the green pro clean website. not sure if thay service my area or not.  but if thay do then going with maybe converting 8 or 10 of 20 direct leads sounds like its worth trying as much as walking a 1000 cold ones to maybe find 2 at the end of it. time will tell.   

I tried canvassing, it doesn't work for me.  Delivering works but you need the correct design, I keep tweaking mine and monitoring the results.  I get roughly 1 enquiry per 100 dropped.  One enquiry I got last month resulted in £365 of additional work for last month so it does work for me with good results.

Also don't be put off by clean windows.  I'm getting customers who have clean windows, they had given up looking for a window cleaner and were doing them themselves.

It's just a numbers game but you do have to monitor it closely.  Every enquiry I get is logged, every quote is logged, I follow the areas where the calls are coming in from.

will do. had nothing back yet and about half way throw...  im pritty conviced already its by far not the best way to generate a result.  not being negative but with the time and hours spend dropping plus flyer costs it just feels like im hoping to hit a bat by shooting into the night sky.  2 out of a 1000 is still 2 more than befor but there must be a more direct approach.  been hearing about the lead generation on the green pro clean website. not sure if thay service my area or not.  but if thay do then going with maybe converting 8 or 10 of 20 direct leads sounds like its worth trying as much as walking a 1000 cold ones to maybe find 2 at the end of it. time will tell.   
@Green Pro Clean Ltd cover all areas with lead gen unless he’s got a franchisee their or someone is currently paying for lead gen there. I would personally highly recommend it, helped build my round.

he has 16 vans he is young and he does not need to work anymore clever man imo 

Lee Pryor ??? I think you will find he currently has 10 vans with 2 more about to go into service , or that’s what he was saying on ciu untill he threw his toys out of the pram  and left the forum , Ime surprised he hasn’t turned up on hear , or perhaps he has under a pseudonym??????

I'm new to this game and frankly my leaflets are like cheese however I printed off 1000 at the local printers in B&W on the cheapest paper possible and put em out (the cheap paper option wasn't great - stiff inner letter box flaps with sharp edges became a pain with paper that won't push through..). My first 5-600 netted me 1 customer - on a new build estate. I found out recently from someone who lives there that they've been bombarded by window cleaning leaflets. That person turns out to be my 2nd customer who lives on that estate who said she kept my leaflet over the others because i mentioned a list of things i could clean - from windows, conservatories and solar panels to skylights. Incidentally it isn't actually her house on that estate she wants cleaned but a different one elsewhere.. a nice £50 jobbie too!

I've had more luck in areas with older houses but not much more but I'd reckon 4-5 custys. What I've also found is that I've had phone calls weeks later after dropping in a road so people do keep them.

Personally I don't like people who spout how much they have spent on this that and the other successful he may be, but I find humility a greater attribute in some one, I know a few millionaire's and not one of them has ever shoved their wealth or success in people's face's and that's about it 

Lee Pryor ??? I think you will find he currently has 10 vans with 2 more about to go into service , or that’s what he was saying on ciu untill he threw his toys out of the pram  and left the forum , Ime surprised he hasn’t turned up on hear , or perhaps he has under a pseudonym??????
google reviews make for intresting reading....

Personally I don't like people who spout how much they have spent on this that and the other successful he may be, but I find humility a greater attribute in some one, I know a few millionaire's and not one of them has ever shoved their wealth or success in people's face's and that's about it 
Well said that man, couldn’t agree more ?

My son went to school with a lad whose father  left school with no qualifications. Sold his business for £20m plus. You could meet him in a bar and say what a nice bloke and not have a clue he was a multimillionaire. Spends his time raising money for charities nowadays, including the US Coast to Coast bike ride. 

Latest Posts

Back