Jump to content







Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


Viggers

xtreme sill brush - Gardiners



Recommended Posts

Viggers

Hi just wondering if we have a release date for the brush yet, I was tired of waiting so I brought the universal brush a few weeks back, its definitely different but growing to like it, the blue bristles on the sides are really tough and great at getting those yellow splats off the glass. However I will still buy an xtreme sill brush to add to the collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
On 16/06/2019 at 15:54, Viggers said:

Hi just wondering if we have a release date for the brush yet, I was tired of waiting so I brought the universal brush a few weeks back, its definitely different but growing to like it, the blue bristles on the sides are really tough and great at getting those yellow splats off the glass. However I will still buy an xtreme sill brush to add to the collection.

 

No release date yet......

 

However we have had brushes made and they are undergoing final testing to iron out any issues so we are very nearly there 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Viggers

Hi Alex any idea which month, are we close or need to wait a while 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
Posted (edited)

@Viggers if you have a direct enquire about a release of a product please contact the supplier directly.

 

We welcome the great interaction from all suppliers across the forum, but the forum isn't a message board. 

Edited by Iron Giant

Share this post


Link to post
Suhrly

I'll be picking one up for sure and I'll most likely be getting an Xtreme pole with it too. Love my SLX22 but that lighter weight and extra rigidity is really appealing to me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
9 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

@Viggers if you have a direct enquire about a release of a product please contact the supplier directly.

 

We welcome the great interaction from all suppliers across the forum, but the forum isn't a message board. 

I will refrain from answering the question then 😀

 

Viggers drop us an email or PM and we can elaborate.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
45 minutes ago, Alex Gardiner said:

I will refrain from answering the question then 😀

 

Viggers drop us an email or PM and we can elaborate.

 

No disrespect meant to you Alex or any other suppliers at all, I feel it's the culture we are in were people will post on a forum or elsewhere and wait hours or days for a response rather than contacting a supplier directly to get a speedier response. 

 

Just don't answer and keep them in suspense 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
16 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

 

No disrespect meant to you Alex or any other suppliers at all, I feel it's the culture we are in were people will post on a forum or elsewhere and wait hours or days for a response rather than contacting a supplier directly to get a speedier response. 

 

Just don't answer and keep them in suspense 🤣

 

No disrespect taken - it is actually far easier for us to reply to queries through just email or phone queries 😊

 

Through an average day we also try to check 2 or 3 forums, Facebook etc.Sometimes these extra methods can get overlooked depending on work load.

 

However once I have seen a query like this.........😔

Share this post


Link to post
Viggers

I will wait till they are on the website

Share this post


Link to post
Tango
On 27/06/2019 at 22:26, Iron Giant said:

but the forum isn't a message board. 

 

Oh but actually that's exactly what it is. Forums do also have an alternative name of message board so the funny thing is you've just said that it isn't, what it actually is lol.

 

I'll grab me coat..

Share this post


Link to post
Edwin81

 

Gardiner published this video yesterday. Never seen this brush before. It looks like this must be the new xtreme sill brush, or am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond

looks like it mate......hopefully theyll be available in the next few months,the old sill brushes are just too heavy for everyday use.....

Share this post


Link to post
paul alan

I wonder how many extra rows of bristles it has compared to the usual?...

Share this post


Link to post
paul alan
11 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

@paul alanwill be on it like a car bonnet 😆

I know...I shouldn't really as I already have a 14" hybrid extreme, a 10" hybrid extreme, a 10" stiff extreme, a 10" DIY extreme with unger boars hair in it and a new taper tec extreme.

 

I have the tucker dual trim and the boars hair which I'll try not to use unless needed, and a Gardiner ultimate flocked for lead. I did have a couple of X-Line flocked but the bristles are just too long and bouncy over lead. So all my X-Line brushes have ended up here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-line-Water-Fed-Pole-Cleaning-Brush-Bundle-X4-Gardiners-Rinse-Bar/133145881752?hash=item1f001cec98:g:F0cAAOSwFmtdWaAx

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
23 hours ago, Edwin81 said:

 

Gardiner published this video yesterday. Never seen this brush before. It looks like this must be the new xtreme sill brush, or am I wrong?

 

I didn't think I needed a widget. Now I've got to have a widget after seeing this. 😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond

brush fetish springs to mind paul!........😂

 

my xline flocked is great for cleaning the van/car......

 

when i think of the money ive spent on brushes over the years!...it must be close to £1k in 9 years.....if not more.....

 

xtreme and ultimate are the only 2 brushes i use these days(stiff bristle versions)

 

SL and sill brushes are too heavy IMO,supreme i didnt like......

 

I am interested in the xtreme sill brush as im not always 100% happy with glass coverage of the standard extreme,if its a fair bit lighter than the standard sill brush it could replace it altogether.....

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

When is the new sill brush up forsale?

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

When is the new sill brush up forsale?

I’ll send you this new sill brush if you want 

D80ABA5D-3F87-4958-B735-F23C841637E2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Viggers

Im sure Wagga that old geezer in the youtube videos knocked up a sill brush in his shed the same at the new Gardiner one😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
18 minutes ago, Viggers said:

Im sure Wagga that old geezer in the youtube videos knocked up a sill brush in his shed the same at the new Gardiner one😂 

Haha yes seen some of his stuff , backpack sat on his wifes shopping trolly 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
22 hours ago, paul alan said:

I know...I shouldn't really as I already have a 14" hybrid extreme, a 10" hybrid extreme, a 10" stiff extreme, a 10" DIY extreme with unger boars hair in it and a new taper tec extreme.

 

I have the tucker dual trim and the boars hair which I'll try not to use unless needed, and a Gardiner ultimate flocked for lead. I did have a couple of X-Line flocked but the bristles are just too long and bouncy over lead. So all my X-Line brushes have ended up here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-line-Water-Fed-Pole-Cleaning-Brush-Bundle-X4-Gardiners-Rinse-Bar/133145881752?hash=item1f001cec98:g:F0cAAOSwFmtdWaAx

 

 


You should be on a shopping channel with a well laid out display like that 😅

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
Posted (edited)
On 21/08/2019 at 20:11, Den said:

It’s a great brush 👍

You as well?

I’ve been testing it for a month now but Alex has asked me to not to give an opinion or post pictures until it’s ready 🤔

Edited by steve garwood

Share this post


Link to post
Den
On 24/08/2019 at 07:46, steve garwood said:

You as well?

I’ve been testing it for a month now but Alex has asked me to not to give an opinion or post pictures until it’s ready 🤔

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Gardiner
On 16/06/2019 at 15:54, Viggers said:

Hi just wondering if we have a release date for the brush yet, I was tired of waiting so I brought the universal brush a few weeks back, its definitely different but growing to like it, the blue bristles on the sides are really tough and great at getting those yellow splats off the glass. However I will still buy an xtreme sill brush to add to the collection.

Hi Viggers

 

The Xtreme Sill Medium Soft version has just been released on the website - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/xtreme-brushes/xtremetm-sill-brush-medium-soft.html

The Stiff version will be released on Monday and the Flocked version should be arriving on Thursday 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
40 minutes ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Hi Viggers

 

The Xtreme Sill Medium Soft version has just been released on the website - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/xtreme-brushes/xtremetm-sill-brush-medium-soft.html

The Stiff version will be released on Monday and the Flocked version should be arriving on Thursday 😊

Hey!! Since everybody has been testing this brush, now it’s for general sale ,

 

could thr testers please give us honest reviews,? 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood

I’ll try, but just back from the pub as I’m up early tomorrow for fishing, so this might not be great.

 

I’ve used the medium mixed sill brush for years, so when this turned up in the box I thought the box was empty!

It’s beautifully light. I chose the DuPont version as I work in affluent areas so clean a lot of leaded windows and find DuPonts glide over the leads better.

The brush took a bit to getting  used too as the bristles are quite short (to save weight I guess).

I had a supreme recently, so going back to a sill brush made me realise how much i’d missed it. To stand exactly where you are and clean the sills without having to move backwards (sometimes not possible) and not having to lift the pole at awkward angles to stop the stock scratching the sills is a relief.

After using the brush for a good 8 weeks, it’s not showing hardly any wear at all.

The one little thing that would improve it is if it had some bristles at each end of the brush. Because the bristles are short, when you have a deep recessed window, you sometimes (rarely) have to angle the brush to get to the edges.

It comes with stock bumpers at the ends of the brush. I took mine of as I found they rubbed up against the UPVC and caused friction.

Overall, if you like sill brushes, you’ll like this I reckon 🙂

 

If I think of anything else, I’ll post on Monday 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.