Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Viggers

xtreme sill brush - Gardiners

spruce
10 hours ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Hi Viggers

The Xtreme Sill Medium Soft version has just been released on the website - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/xtreme-brushes/xtremetm-sill-brush-medium-soft.html

The Stiff version will be released on Monday and the Flocked version should be arriving on Thursday 😊

Now what are we going to get excited about next? 😅

Iron Giant

I have to say I am tempted, I would be interested to know what the splay is like, has it changed at all and I am guessing the orange bristles will clean the front edge of the sill 

Den

I only use extreme brushes apart from leaded then I use ultimate flock.

The reason for using extreme brushes for me is the lightness you can work longer and at a faster pace without the fatigue.

Alex sent me the medium version of the extreme sill brush a while back couple of months plus now and it as been used by myself and son everyday still in great shape.

If your not used to using extreme brushes they feel very different to start with but as soon as you get used to them you really do notice the time saving and ease of use.

The extreme sill brush is brilliant for 4 storey cleaning as The tips of the bristles do the work and you get no splay, another time I love using it is when you have large extensions and you have to clean the windows above, with other brushes you have to angle them forward and it’s normally a little more difficult to clean the sill this brush doesn’t splay which makes cleaning so much easier. 

the Extreme sill brush medium is rinse-bar compatible and can honestly say you can have the rinse-bar down on the stock the flow clears the bristles perfectly and without a shadow of a doubt the best 26cm brush I have used with the rinse-bar if you are a rinse-bar user this brush is highly recommended. 

The extra bristles, there is an extra row of white bristles compared to the original extreme which also helps clean the glass and sill but the fourth row (orange bristles) is where the sill cleaning help, the position of the bristles sit at a straight angle which is great for flicking a backwards motion the debris off the sill. 

Personally I alway use brush bumpers on every brush, I have pick up work from various cleaner for either marking or scratching clients sills, this brush is so well designed it doesn’t need a full bumpers as the top and bottom of the stock it will never come in contact with the sills, I have left my side bumpers on as a precaution but can’t really see it causing any damage without them. 

My verdict is it’s a great brush and truly hope Alex and his team add a 35cm version. 

Well done one to Gardiner pole systems for another great product.

9 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I have to say I am tempted, I would be interested to know what the splay is like, has it changed at all and I am guessing the orange bristles will clean the front edge of the sill 

The Orange bristles flick the debris off the sills with ease and as cleans the fronts 👍 the medium holds its integrity brilliants and don’t splay much this is what I like about this brush so no drag. 

steve garwood
13 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

There isn’t much splay mate, however, the sill brush works differently from standard brushes so I find a lot of splay isn’t necessary 🙂

Just now, steve garwood said:

There isn’t much splay mate, however, the sill brush works differently from standard brushes so I find a lot of splay isn’t necessary 🙂

Another thing to add, this is the first time I’ve used the new type of easy to remove jets.

They are the dogs lower regions 👍

Iron Giant
44 minutes ago, Den said:

The reason for using extreme brushes for me is the lightness you can work longer and at a faster pace without the fatigue.

Alex sent me the medium version of the extreme sill brush a while back couple of months plus now and it as been used by myself and son everyday still in great shape.

If your not used to using extreme brushes they feel very different to start with but as soon as you get used to them you really do notice the time saving and ease of use.

The extreme sill brush is brilliant for 4 storey cleaning as The tips of the bristles do the work and you get no splay, another time I love using it is when you have large extensions and you have to clean the windows above, with other brushes you have to angle them forward and it’s normally a little more difficult to clean the sill this brush doesn’t splay which makes cleaning so much easier. 

the Extreme sill brush medium is rinse-bar compatible and can honestly say you can have the rinse-bar down on the stock the flow clears the bristles perfectly and without a shadow of a doubt the best 26cm brush I have used with the rinse-bar if you are a rinse-bar user this brush is highly recommended. 

The extra bristles, there is an extra row of white bristles compared to the original extreme which also helps clean the glass and sill but the fourth row (orange bristles) is where the sill cleaning help, the position of the bristles sit at a straight angle which is great for flicking a backwards motion the debris off the sill. 

Personally I alway use brush bumpers on every brush, I have pick up work from various cleaner for either marking or scratching clients sills, this brush is so well designed it doesn’t need a full bumpers as the top and bottom of the stock it will never come in contact with the sills, I have left my side bumpers on as a precaution but can’t really see it causing any damage without them. 

My verdict is it’s a great brush and truly hope Alex and his team add a 35cm version. 

The Orange bristles flick the debris off the sills with ease and as cleans the fronts 👍 the medium holds its integrity brilliants and don’t splay much this is what I like about this brush so no drag. 

Thanks Den, I have used Xtremes before I used to go through them in around 12 weeks, just looking for a lighter brush as they I have have now ditched the Supreme on weight and havent been using a well used ultimate for the past 2-3 weeks 

Iron Giant
On 07/09/2019 at 07:48, Den said:

It lasted 25 minutes this morning and got slung in the reject bin along with the others and the Raggy Dolls, back to my Ultimate DuPont, I think I am way to used to the softer bristles and just didn't feel at all that I was making enough bristle contact with the glass with the Xtreme and my shoulders were aching after 15 minutes as it just seemed harder to use, Oh well it's tax deductible 

Den
3 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

It lasted 25 minutes this morning and got slung in the reject bin along with the others and the Raggy Dolls, back to my Ultimate DuPont, I think I am way to used to the softer bristles and just didn't feel at all that I was making enough bristle contact with the glass with the Xtreme and my shoulders were aching after 15 minutes as it just seemed harder to use, Oh well it's tax deductible 

I do like the DuPont bristle brushes but I also Like the medium soft and medium hybrid Extreme bristles don’t splay as much and I think are perfect for maintenance cleans now I’m used to the extreme I find them brilliant and the best brushes out there for maintenance cleans. 

I will swap you for ultimate medium or ultimate medium soft if you like 😄

paul alan
27 minutes ago, Den said:

I do like the DuPont bristle brushes but I also Like the medium soft and medium hybrid Extreme bristles don’t splay as much and I think are perfect for maintenance cleans now I’m used to the extreme I find them brilliant and the best brushes out there for maintenance cleans. 

I got the sill extreme soft medium and love it, it does work well with the rinse bar too.

I've only just bought some of the new TaperTec extremes, and now waiting for the flocked extreme.

I think Gardiners need to set-up a help line for people like me, new brush addiction.

Den
5 minutes ago, paul alan said:

I got the sill extreme soft medium and love it, it does work well with the rinse bar too.

I've only just bought some of the new TaperTec extremes, and now waiting for the flocked extreme.

I think Gardiners need to set-up a help line for people like me, new brush addiction.

Haha I have enough brush to last me 10 life times haha, I’m just as bad lol

The tapertec extreme will be great for the Juliet bars 👍

Iron Giant
56 minutes ago, Den said:

If you had a DuPont Ultimate I would have swapped, I find that the Dupont bristles are good balance between a medium and a soft/flocked brush, I bought the Xtreme 35cm when it first came out I think it was and it lasted 2hrs and has sat collecting dust in my garage ever since. 

paul alan
10 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

If you had a DuPont Ultimate I would have swapped, I find that the Dupont bristles are good balance between a medium and a soft/flocked brush, I bought the Xtreme 35cm when it first came out I think it was and it lasted 2hrs and has sat collecting dust in my garage ever since. 

If you want to sell let me know. I've had my 14" extreme for around a year or more and its still in great nick, a spare wont hurt.

Den

I do have a ultimate DuPont that I Use on my bungelow pole and also on a few houses that have deep frames. 

i also have a couple of superlite compact flock brushes that I bought when gardiner’s discontinued them. 

Shame me as I would have had a trade with them also for your extreme brushes. 

As I love the 35cm extreme brush also.

Iron Giant
4 minutes ago, paul alan said:

If you want to sell let me know. I've had my 14" extreme for around a year or more and its still in great nick, a spare wont hurt.

2 minutes ago, Den said:

I do have a ultimate DuPont that I Use on my bungelow pole and also on a few houses that have deep frames. 

i also have a couple of superlite compact flock brushes that I bought when gardiner’s discontinued them. 

Shame me as I would have had a trade with them also for your extreme brushes. 

As I love the 35cm extreme brush also.

Highest bidder 😁

dazmond

ive ordered 2 of the new xtreme sill brushes  as well as a new xtreme 25 pole......the xtreme sills could well be the ideal brush for most work.....looking forward to trying them out....

CMcB
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

I bought the Xtreme 35cm when it first came out I think it was and it lasted 2hrs and has sat collecting dust in my garage ever since. 

Me too! Well in the van....

paul alan
11 hours ago, dazmond said:

ive ordered 2 of the new xtreme sill brushes  as well as a new xtreme 25 pole......the xtreme sills could well be the ideal brush for most work.....looking forward to trying them out....

The new sill is a great brush, I got the soft medium but it has a great feel on the glass. A really spongy texture and doesn't splay under just its own weight like some do. I suppose you got the stiff version.

Davy G
17 hours ago, dazmond said:

I've just got a new extreme med-soft sill brush with 100 degree fan jets. Only tried it for a few minutes on my own house as not working today. Very impressed on first impressions with the frictionless glide and light weight. I think I would have liked another row of orange bristles for the sills, which after all tends to be the area where most of the dirt settles, and a row or two of stiffer bristles on the sides to hook out spider's nests. But I know Alex and his team can never suit everyone 100 percent. I've ordered another one. Only ordered it yesterday and received an email today to expect it tomorrow. 

Great company. Gardiners. I doubt we'd have equipment of the quality we have access to if it wasn't for Alex and his persuit of excellence. He's set other manufacturers a very high standard to try and compete with. 

dazmond
9 hours ago, paul alan said:

The new sill is a great brush, I got the soft medium but it has a great feel on the glass. A really spongy texture and doesn't splay under just its own weight like some do. I suppose you got the stiff version.

yes mate both of them stiff versions for hot water......

my new pole and brushes have been delivered today at my girlfriends house.....not seeing her til tomorrow so will have to wait another day to get my hands on(her!)and the brushes/pole!👍😆

Jango

In line to buy a new brush.

i have the medium soft universal, which I do like, my everyday pole is a slx 22 with a super lite brush, so it’s this that needs swapping. It’s well worn, do you think this new brush would suit, never used a sill brush before. I await your replies, I know brushes are quite personal choice, but I’m open to your thoughts.😀

Viggers

I personally love the universal sill brush medium soft. With regards the new xtreme sill brush, I cannot see how 1 row of bristles can clean a sill properly. I haven't used one yet but honestly cant see how it will clean a filthy sill. Shame we cant video a bogging new clean with filthy upstairs sills and see how it copes.

Den
19 minutes ago, Viggers said:

I personally love the universal sill brush medium soft. With regards the new xtreme sill brush, I cannot see how 1 row of bristles can clean a sill properly. I haven't used one yet but honestly cant see how it will clean a filthy sill. Shame we cant video a bogging new clean with filthy upstairs sills and see how it copes.

Not sure about everyone else but I use the extremes for maintenance cleans not first cleans. 

Davy G
42 minutes ago, Den said:

Not sure about everyone else but I use the extremes for maintenance cleans not first cleans. 

I haven't used the extremes yet but I plan to do the same. I'll continue to use my veteran medium mixed sill brushes for the rough, tough stuff and save the extremes for the maintenance cleans. 

Jango

It’s for Maintainance cleans I need a new brush, looking for slightly lighter than universal. I like it, it’s great on sills, good protection for not scratching the sill.

Den
6 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I haven't used the extremes yet but I plan to do the same. I'll continue to use my veteran medium mixed sill brushes for the rough, tough stuff and save the extremes for the maintenance cleans. 

Personally I love the extremes, apart from first cleans and a few odd deep frames that's all I use, hoping Alex brings out 35cm extreme sill. 

Viggers

Not sure if it will be any good for my round then. Im running at around 9 weeks most of the time, so the windows are getting quite dirty again. Maybe if I was a monthly man it would work.

Davy G
5 hours ago, Viggers said:

Not sure if it will be any good for my round then. Im running at around 9 weeks most of the time, so the windows are getting quite dirty again. Maybe if I was a monthly man it would work.

Most of my work is 6 weekly. I'm sure they'll be fine for that spacing. 

Den
6 hours ago, Davy G said:

Most of my work is 6 weekly. I'm sure they'll be fine for that spacing. 

All mine should be 4 or 8 weekly but more like 5 to 10 weekly extremes cope with that  also a lot of mine is in rural area so extra spiders bug mess and tree sap. 

Davy G
47 minutes ago, Den said:

All mine should be 4 or 8 weekly but more like 5 to 10 weekly extremes cope with that  also a lot of mine is in rural area so extra spiders bug mess and tree sap. 

Great! That's reassuring. 🙂👍

Davy G
23 hours ago, Jango said:

In line to buy a new brush.

i have the medium soft universal, which I do like, my everyday pole is a slx 22 with a super lite brush, so it’s this that needs swapping. It’s well worn, do you think this new brush would suit, never used a sill brush before. I await your replies, I know brushes are quite personal choice, but I’m open to your thoughts.😀

I like the sill brushes. As someone else pointed out recently (sorry I tried to find the post to give credit but I couldn't find it, and I can't remember who it was) I don't need to keep lowering the pole and change the angle  or stand a long way back and lift the pole out and up to get a proper angle on the sills. 

Jango

I might just put my order in and see how I like it😃.