Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No extra enquiries when increasing budget? Facebook

PureShine

Ive noticed when i start increasing budget on facebook ads i dont really get any more messages, enquiries etc. Just seems to frape your money but gives nothing more in return.

Anybody else having this issue or noticed this too with fb advertising?

The things I notice on a boost or basic page advert is that the enquiries come in bunches after the initial advert is put live. I think they release it for more people to see in stages, but you should defo have a much larger reach if paying more. If you've previously done an advert like the one your using  now (done recently and to a similar audience) that is probably what the issue is. So keep it fresh and mix it up and look at lead generation on fb..desktop mode to see that 

It is specifically lead gen that im doing at the moment. Can get around 10 a day say at £30 budget. Stick a £70 budget on it and maybe get 12. Its almost like it doesnt scale the same. Good for low cost long term sustainability but when really trying to bash it i get stung for budget.

Are you trying to reach a big enough audience.

Otherwise you'll just be showing it more times to the same people 

How do the impressions, and reach figures compare?

Sometimes i do well off facebook, sometimes not. Make sure you’re advertising to people aged 25 & over (most likely to own their own home) most people you reach below 25 is probably void advertising i’m afraid as they’re most likely to be students or otherwise.  make sure your search radius isn’t to big either. 

I tend to get ad ons off facebook rather than window cleaning. Theres so many window cleaners out there now i find that with most enquiries theres usually an ad on involved, suits me fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaching around 4.5k per day impressions with frequency of 1.07.

When i create the ad it shows that it will only reach 1.5k per day

I only advertise window cleaning. If add ons come in i will book them but try to focus pure on windows. Age ranges are sorted the way you have said. Area wise i dont do radius as it seems to give enquiries outside the areas i target so do it more specific. Incheck now youve said about area im actually wondering am I limiting my audience which is impacting on enquiries

Reaching around 4.5k per day impressions with frequency of 1.07.

When i create the ad it shows that it will only reach 1.5k per day

I only advertise window cleaning. If add ons come in i will book them but try to focus pure on windows. Age ranges are sorted the way you have said. Area wise i dont do radius as it seems to give enquiries outside the areas i target so do it more specific. Incheck now youve said about area im actually wondering am I limiting my audience which is impacting on enquiries
Trying to reel in window cleaning specifically off facebook may be hard work dude. Its a saturated market in my opinion. Everyone & their aunt is at it. You’ve got people on the dole tradding it for cash, pensioners do their own streets for a bit on the side of their pension etc, lot of big car plants and retailers closing which is only going to mean more window cleaners. I’m mainly targeting ad ons & pvc frames restoration if im honest, just to try and stand out a bit. We’re a two man team so we can make fast work of gutter jobs inc two storey town houses, a lot of lone wolves struggle with gutters and would rather not do them sometimes i think. 

I do advertise using other methods, they are all running well and in terms of scaling them hasn't been a struggle. i can put more into them and as a result each method generates more work, cost per acquisition remains stable. I agree it is very saturated, my area is well covered windy wise. window cleaners come from all over into the main area i work purely because the prices are accepted at a good price. but i still think there is more than enough work there to do well out of facebook. its just the scaling isnt the same when it comes to getting more volume for more money unless its something im doing wrong.

I have found the same but I am targeting the same area and a similar audience I can spend £10 or £30 and get better results from £10 but I don't really need much more work as I am busy enough it's just keeping my face at the top, I think if you are really looking to gain good numbers as in new clients it's an uphill struggle with fb 

exactly what is happening for me that is. no matter the budget facebook makes sure it takes it regardless of how many leads you may or may not get. Maybe it just doesn't scale in terms of budget to enquiries.

Latest Posts

Back