Jump to content







Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


scottish cleaning service

Flash Sale @ Grippatank



Recommended Posts

scottish cleaning service

This week only Grippatank has a flash sale on units if anyone is interested. One can put a deposit down and get it fitted in a few months time, that's what I did.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
12 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

This week only Grippatank has a flash sale on units if anyone is interested. One can put a deposit down and get it fitted in a few months time, that's what I did.

 

I paid a 2 grand deposit today for a 650l hotwater diesel system and 2 electric hose reels. They are also going to waterproof the van floor. All comes to 8.5k so it gives me something to focus on, getting the other 6 grand.

Share this post


Link to post
Lennie

Is it a one or two man hot water system you have ordered ? 

If it’s a one man, it’ll be a Luke warm water system, they don’t tell you this. My advice would be to pay the extra for a two man hot water, much better system. 

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
6 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Is it a one or two man hot water system you have ordered ? 

If it’s a one man, it’ll be a Luke warm water system, they don’t tell you this. My advice would be to pay the extra for a two man hot water, much better system. 

 

They said a 5kw system is enough for a one man system but with a two man system its a 9kw heater that's what I asked for going by the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33

Hope you have more luck than I have had with the electric reels, been issue after issue

Share this post


Link to post
Lennie
24 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

They said a 5kw system is enough for a one man system but with a two man system its a 9kw heater that's what I asked for going by the forum.

Imo the 5kw doesn’t get the water hot, luke warm at best even if it is just a one man system. The 9kw is the one to go for. Just my opinion though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
51 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

I paid a 2 grand deposit today for a 650l hotwater diesel system and 2 electric hose reels. They are also going to waterproof the van floor. All comes to 8.5k so it gives me something to focus on, getting the other 6 grand.

Why buy a one man hot water system but 2 electric hose reels?

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33

9kw doesn't reach hot on mine..it's very warm on one pump and warm on the other. That enquiry to grippa seems to have been lost along with my many others. My reels have faulted at least 4 times and this is the second time I have one reel down for over a week as it gets fixed in England. Losing me money again.

 

Last time it was fixed they sent up a blue reel, my system is all black and cost 1000s..and I was supposed to be ok with that. A patchwork system.

 

No spare parts kept at the local Scottish contact here, although when the local distribution ceased here we were told that there would be a local fitment centre and Oliver is a good salesman I'll give him that. But after sales needs attention big time. If he ever replied to my latest email I would say as much. Not in a hurry to fix faults and I'm sick of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
1 minute ago, Chris33 said:

9kw doesn't reach hot on mine..it's very warm on one pump and warm on the other. That enquiry to grippa seems to have been lost along with my many others. My reels have faulted at least 4 times and this is the second time I have one reel down for over a week as it gets fixed in England. Losing me money again.

 

Last time it was fixed they sent up a blue reel, my system is all black and cost 1000s..and I was supposed to be ok with that. A patchwork system.

 

No spare parts kept at the local Scottish contact here, although when the local distribution ceased here we were told that there would be a local fitment centre and Oliver is a good salesman I'll give him that. But after sales needs attention big time. If he ever replied to my latest email I would say as much. Not in a hurry to fix faults and I'm sick of it 

Just bought 2 electric reels from Pure Freedom, got a minor leak from the brass casting / spindle. Rang them up at 2 today and told them. The reply was "it's not a hard fix but as it's new we'll send you a new part out" Got a text an hour later from DPD, saying part will be here by 11 tomorrow. Not ideal getting a leak but the customer service is spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning

I had nothing but trouble with them when they put my second system in.The first one was spot on but the second just had problemsThey do sort the problems in the end but they come across now as if they couldn't care less about the customer which never used to be the case.These problems used to be rare but the more people I speak to it appears common.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
9 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Why buy a one man hot water system but 2 electric hose reels?

 

Its a two man system with a 9kw heater, doing a lot of pvc cleans now so it makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

@scottish cleaning service your parting with 8.5k to clean less than 100 jobs per month no way wow GIF

 

Problem I have is that I'm making too much money now and need to spend it. Then with the tank will make me quicker meaning even more customers. As the saying goes:- money makes money. :1f644:

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Its a two man system with a 9kw heater, doing a lot of pvc cleans now so it makes sense to me.

I thought you'd ordered the 5kw heater 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Problem I have is that I'm making too much money now and need to spend it. Then with the tank will make me quicker meaning even more customers. As the saying goes:- money makes money. :1f644:

 

If you need to reduce your tax liability then 30% of £8,500 is £2,550 I personally don't see the point as you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, simply my take on it as I would rather pay the tax and have money sitting in the bank also. 

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond
On 26/06/2019 at 21:41, scottish cleaning service said:

 

I paid a 2 grand deposit today for a 650l hotwater diesel system and 2 electric hose reels. They are also going to waterproof the van floor. All comes to 8.5k so it gives me something to focus on, getting the other 6 grand.

make sure the heaters working with the engine off before you drive it away. when they ve fitted it.......and make sure theres no fuel leaks from the fuel pipe going into your fuel tank while the heaters running....

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
51 minutes ago, dazmond said:

make sure the heaters working with the engine off before you drive it away. when they ve fitted it.......and make sure theres no fuel leaks from the fuel pipe going into your fuel tank while the heaters running....

 

Did they make that mistake with yours? Handy too know because I would have just drove off.

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond
11 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Did they make that mistake with yours? Handy too know because I would have just drove off.

yep.......the next day(after a 4 hour drive the day before)i fired up my new hot water system(with engine running),got to my first job and turned engine off and the heater stopped working(fuel issue)......grippa drove up with a courtesy van THEN drove mine back down to their fitting centre in cambridge,fixed the problem then drove it back up to me(over 350 mile round trip!)....i then had an issue with fuel leaking when heater on a few months later,got my local garage to put some sealant on the fuel pipe to tank and thats solved it for now....

 

works like a dream now though(had it over 18 months)...use it all day every day...much better than a cheap gas shower heater!(and safer too).....to be fair grippatank were excellent but they should of checked this before i drove off...i think they do this as a matter of course now!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Brianbarber
On 26/06/2019 at 22:30, Lennie said:

Imo the 5kw doesn’t get the water hot, luke warm at best even if it is just a one man system. The 9kw is the one to go for. Just my opinion though. 

The 5 kw in my opinion is not up to it

if you want to use really hot water for fascias etc the get 9 kw

 

Mr B

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Going down to Cambridge to get my Grippatank Hotwater system fitted next Tuesday. Everything is in place for a two man system and getting a speedliner sprayed on. It will take 4 days to complete so I will be out and about on my bike in Cambridge visiting the place. Saved up the dosh so no debt and I think its about £8500 in total no RO only Di with my TDS around 70.

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

They're quite a way away from Cambridge, have a look at the map first if I was you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
On 26/06/2019 at 22:00, scottish cleaning service said:

 

They said a 5kw system is enough for a one man system but with a two man system its a 9kw heater that's what I asked for going by the forum.

 

 

Trust me go for the 9kw for the extra cost it’s well worth it I think you will be disappointed with the 5kw . Where you are in Scotland it’s better to have too much heat and have to turn it down a bit than need more heat and not be able to have it . We have had the 9kw now 5 years and over 10,000 hours use still runs the same as the first day we had it brilliant piece of kit , I cannot believe Oliver recommended the 5 kw , you can tell him I said that as well 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33

9kw is great for me too yeah I do know someone up in Scotland with the smaller unit and they also said the 9kw unit is far better even solo

Share this post


Link to post
Brianbarber

If i were a supplier of 5 and 9 kw units I would only offer a 9kw 

bold statement?

but as said, take the 9kw... easier to turn down, rather than use a 5 kw and struggling to get decent heat!

 

Mr B

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Aye, I think its 9.1kw that I'm getting. Had a great day today so I added a RO to my system for an extra £700. Not sure if its worth it because my TDS is 70 and Oliver said its borderline. My thinking is this, its better to have it because we don't have water meters and I can also remove it in the fullness of time. Trying to find some place to stay for 3 nights near East Hatley so all recommendations welcome. As PT says, I noticed Grippatank is about 10miles from Cambridge so might end up with an Airbnb. :1f633: 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

As PT says, I noticed Grippatank is about 10miles from Cambridge so might end up with an Airbnb

Can you not ask them to drop you off and then pick you up when done, after paying them best part of £10k I would've thought it's the least they can do.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Aye, they might make a bed up in the warehouse. No, I will make it a mini break and visit Cambridge, I need a rest anyway and I can always say I went to Cambridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
22 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Can you not ask them to drop you off and then pick you up when done, after paying them best part of £10k I would've thought it's the least they can do.

I would be expecting a van aswel 😂 with the system 

19 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Aye, they might make a bed up in the warehouse. No, I will make it a mini break and visit Cambridge, I need a rest anyway and I can always say I went to Cambridge.

They reckon Cambridge is just as good as Sunderland 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33

Would have been cheaper getting it fibreglassed. We have a boy in fife does van's for around 200..does right up the sides as well. Easy to clean out too

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
8 hours ago, Wind o kleen said:

I would be expecting a van aswel 😂 with the system 

They reckon Cambridge is just as good as Sunderland 🙃

No it's not, you have cyclists everywhere, and they do own the roads 😞  It's nearly as bad as Newcastle 😘

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.