Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pw shutdown procedure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pressurewasher

Can someone tell me whats the best way to shut the pressure washer down to look after the pump. I run a honda gx390, i didnt get an operating manual with it as i bought second hand. 

Can someone tell me whats the best way to shut the pressure washer down to look after the pump. I run a honda gx390, i didnt get an operating manual with it as i bought second hand. 

Depending what set up you have just turn the throttle  to minimum hit the kill switch and most pressure washers will automatically dump the pressure in the hose through the unloaded valve , that’s how mine works anyway .

if yours isn’t like that turn the throttle to  minimum hit the kill switch and keep the trigger pulled on the Lance whilst the engine stops this will reduce the pressure from pump to the lance to nothing 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a GX390, I lower the revs down slowly, then switch it off.

Then operate the lance again which releases pressure from the hose and allows me to disconnect it.

Back