Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If Window cleaners had Anthems.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

In light of recent events of people turning their backs on an anthem, I was wondering if Window cleaners had an anthem what would it be. ( not a political post please, politicians will screw us either way!)

my contribution reflects how I came about becoming a window cleaner.

Feel free to contribute your suggested anthem, “Stick it to the Man” my fellow Glass Technicians!

No reason for choosing this tune only for the fact that it’s my favourite record of time, and something my mates and I regularly moonstomp too on our ska weekends, and that’s ‘night boat to Cairo’ by Madness ?

No reason for choosing this tune only for the fact that it’s my favourite record of time, and something my mates and I regularly moonstomp too on our ska weekends, and that’s ‘night boat to Cairo’ by Madness ?
I went to a Madness open air concert in Cardiff to see in the new year many years ago Great night! one of my friends proposed too, that didn’t last long though haha!

What about blondies 'Heart of glass? or gary numans 'We are glass??? Or for a trad cleaner that old track ' I cant stand the rain, on mah window ow' cant remember who sang it. Some disco girl.

What about blondies 'Heart of glass? or gary numans 'We are glass??? Or for a trad cleaner that old track ' I cant stand the rain, on mah window ow' cant remember who sang it. Some disco girl.

Thats a play list right there! 

Going down the blondie option, for some of my competition could have gone with her song  “X offender” ? 

What a band. I’ve got the reinventing hell CD put it on in the van last year for the first time in about a decade thinking why have i left it so long
I used to have my hair like Phil Amselmo in the cowboys from hell video when I was young ?

Cemetery gates.. what a track

Excellent polka version by steve n seagulls too lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I do love a good cover version

Motohead doing the trooper by iron maiden is great also

I do love a good cover version

Motohead doing the trooper by iron maiden is great also
I too like a good cover. 

Have you heard ‘heard it through the grapevine’ by Creedence Clearwater revival? Awesome.

My mates and I have just formed a band called ‘Duvet’.

We’re a cover band ?. Sorry 

Also Toots and Martals originally did ‘monkey man’, but I prefer the version by The Specials. 2 tone at its very best ?

I too like a good cover. 

Have you heard ‘heard it through the grapevine’ by Creedence Clearwater revival? Awesome.

My mates and I have just formed a band called ‘Duvet’.

We’re a cover band ?. Sorry 

Also Toots and Martals originally did ‘monkey man’, but I prefer the version by The Specials. 2 tone at its very best ?
Now you are talking, creedence clearwater revival are up there in my top favourites ?. Green river is arguably my go to track but the whole album is phenomenal.

as with johnny cash the music has me daydreaming to times long ago where the world just seemed a bit more pure and fun.

When you look at what makes the charts these days it horrifies me, i was born far too late. Most of it seems to be marketed towards 16 year olds and you just think how on earth does this even make the radio never mind sell. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you are talking, creedence clearwater revival are up there in my top favourites ?. Green river is arguably my go to track but the whole album is phenomenal.

as with johnny cash the music has me daydreaming to times long ago where the world just seemed a bit more pure and fun.

When you look at what makes the charts these days it horrifies me, i was born far too late. Most of it seems to be marketed towards 16 year olds and you just think how on earth does this even make the radio never mind sell. 
I too love a bit of Johnny Cash, However my favourite artist in that type of genre is Glen Campbell.

Went to Wembley two weeks back to watch The Who. Still rocking it to this day

I too love a bit of Johnny Cash, However my favourite artist in that type of genre is Glen Campbell.

Went to Wembley two weeks back to watch The Who. Still rocking it to this day
Took our boy to the beach today, busted out johnny cash & red hot chilli peppers for the journey. The who are awesome, i dont think im too familiar with glen campbell so will check him out at some point.

sure was nice cooling off in the sea, we had some enourmous waves! ??

Latest Posts

Back