Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing gooseneck from pole.

I had the same issue - hot soapy water at both ends, lots of twisting back and forth until it finally budged - after about an hour over 2 or 3 attempts.  Tried using slip-joint pliers gripping the gooseneck to twist but it was just damaging the gooseneck.  When it eventually came free, I used a stanley blade to thin down the bit of the gooseneck that goes into the pole.  Now, I check it every week or so to make sure it's still able to come out no problem. 

I used a pair of grips on the gooseneck and a pair on the top clamp.

I've given it a smear of silicon grease and it went back together easy. 

Hopefully it will be easier to get out next time.

If this does happen again, the best way to remove is as advised by Part Timer -  remove the hose from the pole, slide a length of wooden dowel (or metal pipe) up the inside of the #1 section and then hit the base of the dowel with a hammer. This will push the gooseneck out without damaging anything.

Then of course get on the phone or email us (01726 66400 [email protected]) and we can look at why this has happened and sort out a new gooseneck base part for you.

I was worried that would knock the top clamp off @Alex Gardiner?

What is causing them to expand?
This should not affect the top clamp at all ?

It is moisture and heat that will cause them to expand with time. Nylon can absorb up to 15% water over time and if the tolerances of a particular part are slightly tight this can make all the difference. We have worked on various ways to reduce this and the very latest parts are less prone to expansion through absorption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to get the one off my other pole...a CLX that I use for FSG etc cleaning and now I can interchange brushes, nozzles etc with ease but the SLX is solid...will try Part Timer's solution tonight.

Back