Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Master Jedi Alejandro

Mark in Frames, Possibly Paint

Master Jedi Alejandro

Morning all,

customer yesterday came out and and asked me about a mark on her frames (picture below). It’s been there since before I started. I assumed it was paint but she insists it’s not, but she’s not sure what it is. When touching it there is no discernible difference from it and the frame. So wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it’s possible to remove it. Customer mentioned she didn’t want to scrape it at risk of scratching the frame itself, which I totally understand. 

Thanks all!

3788DA03-5B46-4FB2-B778-4296B7DD8A8D.jpeg

chelmsclean

Looks like fence print to me

Wind o kleen
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Morning all,

customer yesterday came out and and asked me about a mark on her frames (picture below). It’s been there since before I started. I assumed it was paint but she insists it’s not, but she’s not sure what it is. When touching it there is no discernible difference from it and the frame. So wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it’s possible to remove it. Customer mentioned she didn’t want to scrape it at risk of scratching the frame itself, which I totally understand. 

Thanks all!

3788DA03-5B46-4FB2-B778-4296B7DD8A8D.jpeg

Bronze wool would take that off , 

Edited by Wind o kleen

Iron Giant

Magic sponge and some tar remover for car paintwork should do the trick if you don't have 000 grade bronze wool, but if it's water based fence stain then a magic sponge will take it off in seconds 

Iron Giant
12 hours ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Thanks guys, I will give magic sponge and tar remover a go as I don’t fancy using wool just yet. 

Found this on Amazon, thoughts?

100PCS Magic Sponge Eraser Cleaning Melamine Multi-Functional Foam Cleaner Kitchen Accessories https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K8MSR3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tMIkDb5G0X0B3

Personally, I don't see the point of buying so many, the cheaper they are, the faster they break up I would just buy a reasonable amount or pick up some from a cheap supermarket, a word of advise only use them on solid white frames or doors do not use them on coloured frames or composite doors at all as it will damage them

Barry Williamson
Posted (edited)

Flash magic eraser, £3 in Tesco for a pack of 2 (other supermarkets are available 😀)

Edited by Barry Williamson

chelmsclean

I just ordered 100 for less than £5

Master Jedi Alejandro
On 14/07/2019 at 15:55, Barry Williamson said:

Flash magic eraser, £3 in Tesco for a pack of 2 (other supermarkets are available 😀)

Thank you Barry! And hello sir, long time no see!