Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking like a pro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pressurewasher

Hi, im still pretty new to this business so appreciate any advice. So far im only doing drives and patios with pw and hypo. 

How do you guys apply your hypo mix? So far ive tried a backpack sprayer but found it heavy, uncomfortable and very slow application. Then bucket mix snd brush it on... very labour intensive but cheap and effective. Ive also tried watering can which was much faster but doesnt look professional ?

any other methods that dont cost an absolute fortune but looks the business?? Anyone tried something like this?

64FE331D-1FE0-4990-BF17-7FDC4C4B3B56.png

Why not put a Gardiner backpack on a trolley and use your brush which will save yourself £270. That's all I do.
Dont you need a window cleaning wfp for that? Im not a window cleaner so got none of that gear. Plus i saw one vid on youtube that showed the flow rate of the gardiner backpack to be terrible?

basically i just want to get the stuff down quickly and easy.?

Best thing you could do is go on a course and understand softwashing. Why do you need to cover the place with hypo? Its only needed to treat the infection anyhow I hardly apply hypo on patios and driveways because I have a powerful PW which removes most of the lichen. Its just the black spots I have trouble lifting.

Dont you need a window cleaning wfp for that? Im not a window cleaner so got none of that gear. Plus i saw one vid on youtube that showed the flow rate of the gardiner backpack to be terrible?

basically i just want to get the stuff down quickly and easy.?

Cheap and quick application use a watering can , wet the area down first with the garden hose so the substrate doesn’t absorb all the hypo 

Cheap and quick application use a watering can , wet the area down first with the garden hose so the substrate doesn’t absorb all the hypo 
This is what im doing at the moment mate, its cheap and does work a treat to be fair just thought it looks a bit amateurish. I guess the end result speaks for themselves though

I normally do it as well like that, once you put it down give it light blast with hose pipe and it just spreads it everywhere.

i think you should look at one of these,

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/x-jet-m5-chemical-nozzle.html

I use one of these for all of my pressure washing jobs, apply the hypo takes around ten to twenty seconds for a two car driveway or large patio, its tricky to use on roofs but can be done I use the brown nozzle but it would be possible with the correct nozzle to use this for biocide use aswell, I've not tried it as the maths to calculate from u.s. gallons and ounces plus the flow rate gives me proper brain freeze.

its also very very good for rinsing off a driveway or patio and quick too, just connect to your lance and crack on,

I do use the gardiners backpack for smaller jobs rather than unpack the washer but this downstreamer for the money is a very good long term investment both for applying the chems and rinsing off

Back