Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Gardiners twist valve.

J and S

Just fitted it and tried it on my own windows.

Too slack it turns itself off when brushing too tight it is difficult to turn on.

Will take a bit of getting used to but I'm sure I will find the right tightness.

Any tips from users out there.

Just fitted it and tried it on my own windows.

Too slack it turns itself off when brushing too tight it is difficult to turn on.

Will take a bit of getting used to but I'm sure I will find the right tightness.

Any tips from users out there.
Just keep trying it and adjusting it until your happy. What feels fine at ground level is quite different from full extension, is what I found. I only have it on the 45ft so set it for comfortable use at height as I don’t use it much low down. 

Using it with swivel so that might make a difference.

I successfully used the original one with a swivel. I had to learn a different technique but I did like it. My only criticism was that after a relatively short time it would stick when it hadn't been used for a short while and I had to remember to 'crack' it by hand before I started work with it. Problem was I forgot one day and tried to crack it when the pole was extended and the brush was on a sill. pressed down on the pole to hold the brush while I cracked it and broke a perfectly good pole. My fault I know but I took it off immediately and put my univalve on my new pole.  I would like to try one of these new ones in time but I'm now using an xtreme pole so it might not be a good idea.

I couldn’t get on with it with a swivel. The twist operation when using at an angle with or without a swivel turned it off. I’m not sure why Alex withdrew if first time round, (although I could hazard a good guess) but I’m surprised to see it back. It’s not for me.  

I couldn’t get on with it with a swivel. The twist operation when using at an angle with or without a swivel turned it off. I’m not sure why Alex withdrew if first time round, (although I could hazard a good guess) but I’m surprised to see it back. It’s not for me.  

Must admit I thought that may be a problem for me, the twisting bit I mean. But I did develop a technique that allowed me to use it without keep turning it on and off. However, It was the other problem that did it for me as I described above. Apparently the new one has been completely redesigned. Time will tell I suppose

Frustrating morning with it on swivel and come dinner time have removed it...too slack and when using it on swivel it turns itself off....too tight and you cant get enough of a twist action to open it.....works well enough on a non swivel.

Personally think this, potentially, will be better when you're working at height, 50'+. At this height you won't be using a swivel. Otherwise I doubt it will be as effective as a univalve 

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally think this, potentially, will be better when you're working at height, 50'+. At this height you won't be using a swivel. Otherwise I doubt it will be as effective as a univalve 
I use it on the 45 SMax as I don’t want to be tugging at pole hose at that height. No swivel as that work is all straight up and down (ok, 99.5% is). But the daily 30 CLX has a swivel and a univalve.

Latest Posts

Back