Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

All business advertising platforms

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maund

Hi all, I thought it would be a good idea to list all of the advertising platforms on here, what really works for you? 

Currently I have a website

Facebook page

Google my business

I have a website with my business name and a domain name with town name window cleaner which gets me hits at the top of page one on google for that area along with Fb again bagged my url years ago as town name window cleaner, Google business helps, but I lost access years ago, so my listing is outdated I also do the free listings on yell, Bing and other places, but by far the best for me is Fb as I get most of my work through it through recommendations from other clients and I have over 30 recommendations 

Thanks for the reply, when you say you have a website with your business name and a domain with town name and window cleaner. How does that work? On Google results what comes up your business name, or the town name window cleaner? 

Thanks for the reply, when you say you have a website with your business name and a domain with town name and window cleaner. How does that work? On Google results what comes up your business name, or the town name window cleaner? 
My business name comes up on Google as that's my primary domain name and what I've had since day one so best to keep it that way also I only realised the benefit of doing the town name thing in recent years but have had a website over 10 years now. Have a look  at https://www.facebook.com/ThriveWP/ as there has been some good articles written 

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the advertising platform Word of mouth ™.

Customer: Thank you so much, this is brilliant. We are so happy to have you!

Me: Thank you, tell a neighbour or a friend if you'd like to help us out.

Free and often gets you the best customers in my book.

Facebook

Website 

Google ad words

Networking

Word of mouth

Leaflets 

I find its good to have a few streams of enquiries in case one drops of a little 

My business name comes up on Google as that's my primary domain name and what I've had since day one so best to keep it that way also I only realised the benefit of doing the town name thing in recent years but have had a website over 10 years now. Have a look  at https://www.facebook.com/ThriveWP/ as there has been some good articles written 
How do you mean the town name thing? 

So would you buy a separate sub domain with www.townnamewindowcleaning.co.uk

But then have it redirect to your actual website? 

How do you mean the town name thing? 

So would you buy a separate sub domain with www.townnamewindowcleaning.co.uk

But then have it redirect to your actual website? 
Yes, that's exactly it, I am fortunate that I set up my first website so many years ago and also Fb a good few years ago and until the last year or so I was the only local windy with a website and a Fb page, so putting links to townnamewindowcleaner.uk in my fb posts as well so any search on google and fb gets me top of searches. 

I have recently been contacted by a local newspaper which covers the whole of the county about a paid for advertised article showcasing my business on there online media platforms as the chosen business to pick across the 3 local major towns near me with a reach of over 50,000, but my rounds are full so it's still tempting to do and I have told them I am interested just in talks next week about content. 

Back