Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinions needed

bretney

Hi all

I have a tucker pole system tank fitted into my van and I fill up with spotless water. I have now moved into a new property and want to start making my own water and producing the water and storing it is not a problem but will be a right ball ache in diverting water and electrics down the garden. Like i said, i have a tucker tank and these are sealed with a small inlet so is there away of having water out of my RO in to my DI then into my van without flooding it when I forget?

I cant get a ball valve in my tank so are there any alternatives ?

Hope that makes sense

Hi all

I have a tucker pole system tank fitted into my van and I fill up with spotless water. I have now moved into a new property and want to start making my own water and producing the water and storing it is not a problem but will be a right ball ache in diverting water and electrics down the garden. Like i said, i have a tucker tank and these are sealed with a small inlet so is there away of having water out of my RO in to my DI then into my van without flooding it when I forget?

I cant get a ball valve in my tank so are there any alternatives ?

Hope that makes sense
R/o into a storage tank next to the house and transfer water to your van tank in the same way you do with Spotless. Ideally you want a solenoid valve with a float switch to switch the water to the r/o off when the tank is full. Having a stop valve inside the tank will only stop the pure and not the waste unless you have a Merlin or a PRF-RO.

This was the plan but now im into my new property i just cant have a 1000 IBC taking space  I was hoping there is a fantastic little gizmo that can do what a ball valve does 

This was the plan but now im into my new property i just cant have a 1000 IBC taking space  I was hoping there is a fantastic little gizmo that can do what a ball valve does 

but will be a right ball ache in diverting water and electrics down the garden.

By the sound of this I visualized a large rear garden. ?

but will be a right ball ache in diverting water and electrics down the garden.

By the sound of this I visualized a large rear garden. ?
It is so Im hoping of some inspiration. Im now wondering what ionics or other similar companies have fitted in their tanks to stop the water

It doesn't work particularly well as travel time and cost of water not very cost effective. I have everything I need to produce water but would be a lot easier if i went RO - DI straight into tank but still need a way of shutting down the water when full. I have been looking into underground storage but that may come next year 

There are several ways to do this with some simple DIY electronics. 

Need more information as to distance from water producing setup to van, and wether you have a passive RO or use a booster pump.

I personally prefer pumping water from a holding tank into the van, shutting it off when full with a float switch and solenoid. Like this 

I also have a solenoid and float valve in the holding tank, which stops the flow to the RO when tank is full.

Another option is to have a 12v float valve (or two for redundancy) in the van shut off the booster pump to the RO with a relay board. You need to hook up the van to water and power for that to work. You want to avoid running 12v long distance though, but you could make a box close to the van, have the electronics in there and run a simple extension cord to the booster pump.

Back