Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Brendan

Brendan palmer 2019

Brendan

Hi

just about to make the big step of starting my own business window cleaning in the Gwent area. Would really appreciate some advice on how to generate work.

many thanks in advance

brendan 

Brendan

Anybody please - advice would be appreciated 

ks789
18 hours ago, Brendan said:

Hi

just about to make the big step of starting my own business window cleaning in the Gwent area. Would really appreciate some advice on how to generate work.

many thanks in advance

brendan 

the cheapest way to do it is very basic. you just go around the area you want to work and door knock, give your price to anyone interested and arrange the clean. if you have enough money for flyers ( you can get 4000 for £22 ) you can deliver them to your areas, Also put adds in shops/notice boards. Be prepared for effort to get to required number of customers, but as the saying goes, no pain no gain.

Advertisement

Pjj

Hi Brendan , cheapest and easiest way is to go knocking on doors yourself doesn’t cost anything but time this is how I started off 20 years ago now got 3 vans on the road very busy all the time , once you get a few customers they will recommend you to friends family and neighbors etc you will find that you will then expand quite rapidly, some people use flyers but I didn’t find that very successful, also when quoting for the windows look at the gutters facias and soffits if dirty give them a price for theses as well , it’s all extra money from existing customers, we now provide a complete external cleaning service so our customers don’t have to go any where else now . Do you live in a smaller town or rural area ? If so try the local Parrish magazine for advertising or the local paper , this will also bring in work as people generally like to use someone close to them . A web site is also a good cheap way of advertising . Hope you get going ok .

Brendan

Thank you very much for the reply I really appreciate you taking the time out to respond