Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

800 flyers 1 reply...

riggy

well droped 800 leaflets and had one email relpy 3 weeks after i droped it. a one off cause the guy was selling his house... I replyed saying I would be happy to quote and I so far havnt heard back from him....lol  ah well if I get one more enquirer then the 2 replys per 1000 droped theory will have proved to be right after iv droped the last 200.  hoped I might get lucky and have more replys. there seems alot of windys round this way. think its a very established area for this trade these days. 

I do post leaflets myself,  but the results are so much better when you knock on and introduce yourself. They can make a judgement of you while there talking to you and also get a quote off you there and then rather than having to arrange it.

Take a look at Pro Green Clean you tube channel, He's done a vid on it and it's spot on. The more you say it the more it rolls off the tongue. 

Good luck... and don't worry about the No'ss you get.

well droped 800 leaflets and had one email relpy 3 weeks after i droped it. a one off cause the guy was selling his house... I replyed saying I would be happy to quote and I so far havnt heard back from him....lol  ah well if I get one more enquirer then the 2 replys per 1000 droped theory will have proved to be right after iv droped the last 200.  hoped I might get lucky and have more replys. there seems alot of windys round this way. think its a very established area for this trade these days. 

As has already been said I think people are more inclined to say yes if they see you in person, door knocking was how I got started ,flyers were a waist of time as far as Ime concerned, when the potential customer sees you they hopefully build up a rapport with you rather than some faceless flyer through the door not knowing who will turn up 

Exactly as above Neil..Lancashire. I did the same as a lot of others when I first started.....leafleting. A total waste of time IMO. We get a local trade type glossy magazine around here every month I think it is and they are left at all sorts of locations by the business that runs it, petrol stations, doctors surgeries, libraries, pubs , hair dressers etc etc. They even post them through to some domestic houses. Used to put an advert in that mag each Spring .That worked very well for me in addition to door knocking. Also there,s facebook of course, although I have limited experience of this cos i'm old. Haha. Luckily I don't have to canvass any more....but just carry on and it will develop if you're conscientious. (had a few goes at spelling that...lol)

I figured after 600 and only one taker  that I needed to try different areas. That's kinda worked for me as I've had a few more takers but not many. 

I leaflet small roads but knock larger ones which is what seems to work for me - ish - but I'm still getting off the ground myself.. 

Not meaning to be rude but all the guys talking about door knocking, when was the last time you actually went out door knocking? People just don't like to be disturbed anymore, they will rather sit in comfort and do everything from their phone and to that end the only advise I can give is bin the door knocking and come up with a decent social media campaign, the power of Facebook is king in my opinion. I put a post on Facebook yesterday and it has had 31k reach, 472 engagements and created 15 jobs for me in just under 24 hours. You couldn't get anywhere near those resluts with leaflet dropping or d oor knocking!

image1.jpeg

Not meaning to be rude but all the guys talking about door knocking, when was the last time you actually went out door knocking? People just don't like to be disturbed anymore, they will rather sit in comfort and do everything from their phone and to that end the only advise I can give is bin the door knocking and come up with a decent social media campaign, the power of Facebook is king in my opinion. I put a post on Facebook yesterday and it has had 31k reach, 472 engagements and created 15 jobs for me in just under 24 hours. You couldn't get anywhere near those resluts with leaflet dropping or d oor knocking!

View attachment 17127

Im thinking of trying this out. Thing is, I used to be on facebook ( just socially, before window business) And I deleted my account as it just got on my nerves in the end. Is it possible to do it without having a lot of idiots i knew in the past on it, or people telling what they had for tea etc. I'd want to have it purely for business purposes. I'd started to go on it again a while back but straight away it bombarded with bad associates from the past etc that i dont really want to know now, but also dont want to appear rude or stuck up to them. If could do it for work only would be great.

View attachment 17127
My web site is the top of google search for window cleaner in my area,but still knock a door every now and again.  but every credit to you if you get good leads off FB. They all count 

Not meaning to be rude but all the guys talking about door knocking, when was the last time you actually went out door knocking?

Yesterday for 1 hour and picked up a booking for Monday in an area that is proving bloody hard to crack as another windy has captured the entire lot. I nearly always pick up a repeat customer and maybe one or two one off jobs (except in this area). I'm a lousy salesman too so if i can pick up a couple of jobs a day those with real sales skills / looks can easily pick up more.

Door knocking is the only way i'm making money at present so yes I DO go and do it regularly. Sorry if that disappoints you but i wouldn't talk about it or recommend it for no good reason. Today i didn't bother, i just dropped leaflets instead - didn't feel like knocking but tomorrow i'll be out there doing so as i've found some roads that i like the look of.

You could try putting your leaflets on notice boards. social clubs post offices ect. I'm sure if you explain your just starting off they will be happy to help. I paid £2 for 8 weeks in the post office next to new estate were there building a few thousands house. Its still on nearly a year later. Every little helps ?

What i want to know is this facebook thing... do you just post photos in a local group showing what you've been doing? - Our local group has banned businesses from posting so i'm kinda screwed in that regard... I set up a page the other night but as yet no photos to put on it - i've been thinking about finding the dirtiest gutters possible and doing them for free just to get some before / after photos..

What i want to know is this facebook thing... do you just post photos in a local group showing what you've been doing? - Our local group has banned businesses from posting so i'm kinda screwed in that regard... I set up a page the other night but as yet no photos to put on it - i've been thinking about finding the dirtiest gutters possible and doing them for free just to get some before / after photos..
Do you have a local buy and sell FB group were you are. Just post on there if they do, you can also get a FB business page for free.  I got one before I got my website. You can put your before and after pictures on there to show what you can do.  

You could try putting your leaflets on notice boards. social clubs post offices ect. I'm sure if you explain your just starting off they will be happy to help. I paid £2 for 8 weeks in the post office next to new estate were there building a few thousands house. Its still on nearly a year later. Every little helps ?
do you think you had any responce from that one in the post office, or that you think was from there ?  iv don some places like that. think door knocking is the only way to get the numbers tbh.  for some reason window cleaning has remained in the dark ages for being sold in this  way. cant understand why. do plumbers go round knocking doors, do house cleaners ? do painter and decoraters ?  dont get why people only respond to someone knocking on there door for window cleaning will thay then react. if its flyers thay wont bother. it almost feels like sellling something most people just dont really care about having, like walking dow the street and someone says to you hay you fancy an ice cream and you go oh yer alrite then.... like you have you shove it under there noses. so few people dont seem to think right i want my windows cleaned ill look one up, getting the garden done thay will, thay wont think oh i need my garden done i'll have to hope a landscaper knocks on my door soon...? i mean do they.  it seems a largely very flakey thing in peoples minds. again people get proactive about getting the car cleaned. car valeters dont have to go round cause its the only way someone going deside the car dose need it....strange trade, very old fashioned. 

Do you have a local buy and sell FB group were you are. Just post on there if they do, you can also get a FB business page for free.  I got one before I got my website. You can put your before and after pictures on there to show what you can do.  

I did try that a few weeks back... I got.. wait for it...... ONE WHOLE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i'm in a busy town that is growing exponentially with new housing developments all over the place and tons of people moving down from London!

I did try that a few weeks back... I got.. wait for it...... ONE WHOLE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i'm in a busy town that is growing exponentially with new housing developments all over the place and tons of people moving down from London!
could still go viral yet !  i been trying think of a door knocking strategy, like taking a puppy dog with me or my famliys 6 year girl to woe people over with there humanity and sort of appeal to there softer side. that way im not just some bloke, same tatics the homless guys use, everyone knows its the dog people want to see looked after, no one gives a rats as about the bloke lol

Every man and his dog is posting before and after pictures, quite frankly they are boring! Mix it up a bit, get creative, create something that catches the eye, something that people are going to react to! I very rarey post in the buy/sell pages, I post in the community pages, I seem to get a better response in those.

@roast beef how did you get a 31k reach? I've tried boosting 2 posts. One has reached 34 ppl in 2 days, the other 144 ppl. Nothing like yours lol

Don't ever boost your posts, it's a complete waste of money! If your going to pay for it then go into ads manager and create a proper advert.

This is another post I did last week, this one didn't do quite as well, got a reach of 8k 

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

Another thing is the automated responses and the use of a chatbot on your page can render good results also

Same here mate I’ve tried posting on Facebook buy and sell sites, I get one like and I got one message who just seemed like an idiot messer who wanted a one off clean for under £10 ?

How is you’re round looking now man, how many customers are u at?

I’m sure we started up about the same time, like 3 months ago.

Im at 61 customers now, I tend to have a good day canvassing then a **** day and repeat but am building steadily.

View attachment 17127
I go out door knocking nearly every day, I would only have about 10 customers instead of the 60 I have gotten if I only leafleted. I have advertised on Facebook buy and sell groups, loads of them, I get like one enquiry and it’s always time wasters, any tips you can give? 

do you think you had any responce from that one in the post office, or that you think was from there ?  iv don some places like that. think door knocking is the only way to get the numbers tbh.  for some reason window cleaning has remained in the dark ages for being sold in this  way. cant understand why. do plumbers go round knocking doors, do house cleaners ? do painter and decoraters ?  dont get why people only respond to someone knocking on there door for window cleaning will thay then react. if its flyers thay wont bother. it almost feels like sellling something most people just dont really care about having, like walking dow the street and someone says to you hay you fancy an ice cream and you go oh yer alrite then.... like you have you shove it under there noses. so few people dont seem to think right i want my windows cleaned ill look one up, getting the garden done thay will, thay wont think oh i need my garden done i'll have to hope a landscaper knocks on my door soon...? i mean do they.  it seems a largely very flakey thing in peoples minds. again people get proactive about getting the car cleaned. car valeters dont have to go round cause its the only way someone going deside the car dose need it....strange trade, very old fashioned. 
Its a very interesting point you make, and I think your right a lot of people don't value a window cleaning services as much as they should. And this is very frustrating when you have one weeks worth of work and need to get another 3 weeks on your books, but there are lots of people who do value a professional window cleaning services and there the one's you want. If I got one off the post office it is fine. I am very lucky and and have a website at the top of google so far me I can get people from online or people who see the number on the side of the van or even off are uniforms. Do you have a work top with your logo on it.  It's very important to come a cross as being professional and being confident. I do understand that confidence comes with success.  Its important you don't let the no's bother you. That can be hard ? I would recommend you look at Green Pro youtube vid on knocking doors. Its spot on.  But as Beef said you can get great numbers with social media these days. But why not try all of them, I do. I can tell you the work I put in in the first 5 years was massive, but I have my rewards now, but still work hard ?  Best of luck and you will get there.  

I go out door knocking nearly every day, I would only have about 10 customers instead of the 60 I have gotten if I only leafleted. I have advertised on Facebook buy and sell groups, loads of them, I get like one enquiry and it’s always time wasters, any tips you can give? 

Like I said above, be different, posting content that people are going to engage with is key, I post every 2 days, get your curretn customers to leave you recomendations. It's the same as leafleting and door knocking the more effort and time you put into it it the more you get out. I see a lot of you spend whole days out canvassing, I spend a hour or two when I get home in front of the screen working on Facebook suff, it's what works for me.

I use automated responses on my page, so when someone messages me they get a response straight away, they get a quote and then book in, its so simple.

​

View attachment 17127
To be honest with u mate 31k impression is good but you need to hit over 100k plus to reach the full potential of facebook advertising, i been getting plenty of impressions and i havent spent once pence..... ?

If anyone is interested in how to do this then inbox me ? ?

boost.png

Back