Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windowsill gap and 100 degree gardiner jets!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi guys

Just thought id give my new system a quick blast and to treat the neighbours to a free wash whilst im playing with the setup. a few things i noticed that some of you my be able to help me with.

1, I have a stiff 35cm gardiner sill brush with the grey 100 degree fan jets in, all connected brilliant etc ....apart from the fact that the spray is utter ****, bitty and broken streams everywhere. Now i know i chose the size of jets when i ordered my brush etc but surely if they deliver poor performance they shouldnt be allowed as a configuration. has anyone else come acroos this or can point out if im right or infact a tool...lol

2, on most windows between the window and sill there is a gap right! what is the best method for getting all the **** out without using 100l, my thought was to do this manually on the downstairs but how should i do the top ones?

as always on this fountaion of age, experience, tired jokes and bad puns of a forum, i'd appreciate anyhelp you can give

Hello Mate 

1. The bristles of your brush are intefering with the spray from your jets by the sound of it, a few guys including myself have cut the bristles surrounding the jets .

2. I would adjust the angle of of your brush and just give it a good scrub, you could save your water  by blasting it then stopping the flow while you scrub before rinsing amd scrubbing too .

Yes, it does state on the Gardiners website that you may have to cut some bristle out of the way.

You can blast them out with a garden hose, I usually clear 80-90% of dirt and when it has stopped leaching out just wipe the sill over.

Oh, and what are doing trying to learn WFP with fan jets? Do yourself a huge favour and get some 2mm pencil jets, life will be so much easier for you mate.

Hello Mate 

1. The bristles of your brush are intefering with the spray from your jets by the sound of it, a few guys including myself have cut the bristles surrounding the jets .

2. I would adjust the angle of of your brush and just give it a good scrub, you could save your water  by blasting it then stopping the flow while you scrub before rinsing amd scrubbing too .

Yes, it does state on the Gardiners website that you may have to cut some bristle out of the way.

You can blast them out with a garden hose, I usually clear 80-90% of dirt and when it has stopped leaching out just wipe the sill over.

Oh, and what are doing trying to learn WFP with fan jets? Do yourself a huge favour and get some 2mm pencil jets, life will be so much easier for you mate.

yeah thought they were doing so but possibly not the best design, that said if your offering such a wide array of jets then somethings going to interfer i guess.

I had my brush at a good angle to get right into the crevice but the dirt just kept coming and coming and coming and coming, must of used half a lake. I didnt want to stop until it was actually clean and knew there had to be a better way for water consumption and also to do a good job.

Should i not be using fan jets???

ta guys

One of these will allow you to connect to the garden tap/hose.https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123260870338 and save you a lot of pure water. Good for fascia boards,conny roof, cleaning out gaps.

My personal opinion, get some pencil jets. The fan jets are not very precise, I dont like them and I have tried them properly. Thats just me though.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
One of these will allow you to connect to the garden tap/hose.https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123260870338 and save you a lot of pure water. Good for fascia boards,conny roof, cleaning out gaps.

My personal opinion, get some pencil jets. The fan jets are not very precise, I dont like them and I have tried them properly. Thats just me though.

thanks for that @paul alan, looking at that i have everything needed to make one, and who doesnt like the idea of saving dollars. I think ill order some penicil jets from gardiner and give them a whirl. my other brush has 50 degree ones and work much better but the 100's are %&@"

much apprciated for taking the time to reply ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The type of jet is a personal choice- same as brush preference. I’ve always used fan jets and never had an issue. I use pencil jets on FSG jobs as I find them better to blast off spiders webs. I’ve had issues with the 100 degree fan jets - they seem to block REALLY easily, since I’ve switched back to 50 degree jets I’ve not had any issue. With regards to the dreaded gap between the sill and window - get one of these (picture below) I’ve used them for years and save no end of time. Use the hook to scrape the main crud out and follow it up with the brush end with water flowing in the gap at the same time. The newer ones don’t seem to last all that long compared to the old ones but at £2 a pop they are ideal

5CB6B8F2-CA2E-4594-900D-C7E59A9EB8CD.png

The type of jet is a personal choice- same as brush preference. I’ve always used fan jets and never had an issue. I use pencil jets on FSG jobs as I find them better to blast off spiders webs. I’ve had issues with the 100 degree fan jets - they seem to block REALLY easily, since I’ve switched back to 50 degree jets I’ve not had any issue. With regards to the dreaded gap between the sill and window - get one of these (picture below) I’ve used them for years and save no end of time. Use the hook to scrape the main crud out and follow it up with the brush end with water flowing in the gap at the same time. The newer ones don’t seem to last all that long compared to the old ones but at £2 a pop they are ideal

View attachment 17143

if i get detained for a concealed weapon your in for it..lol...that looks just the ticket and like you said at £2 a pop you cant complain. i dont mind the 50's, defo not a fan of the 100's and never tried pencil...will order some in the morning from gardiner, ta

p.s charge your bloody phone man ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To get all the dirt out between the frame and I found the easiest method is to carry around a 2l pump pressure sprayer and get the nozzle right up to the joint and blast it all out, gets everything out with minimal fuss.

I get a microfibre cloth, use the corner and slide it along the gap. All out in one! If not, second pass does the job.

Can't believe all the tips on this thread and nobody has told you as a newbie with water fed pole, you will just rinse the muck out like a mad man for the first month and after that it won't be a problem with monthly maintenance cleans. Simple. 

Back