Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for this handle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

After studying some of POlzn Bladz vids i have decided to build myself a Moarman liquidator setup for interior squeegee work - i watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdqSph6Jin0 and noticed he metioned a handle similar to the Contour Pro Plus : 

"You can get an Ettore handle that looks just like the Pro Plus but it's a normal handle and that is one of my favorite handles to use..." 

Can anyone link me to this Ettore handle he mentions - the Pro Plus is super expensive so would prefer to just get the cheaper one if i can -  i did some googling but could not find it (or least am not sure if i did) - thanks in advance 

Last edited by a moderator:
After studying some of POlzn Bladz vids i have decided to build myself a Moarman liquidator setup for interior squeegee work - i watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdqSph6Jin0 and noticed he metioned a handle similar to the Contour Pro Plus : 

"You can get an Ettore handle that looks just like the Pro Plus but it's a normal handle and that is one of my favorite handles to use..." 

Can anyone link me to this Ettore handle he mentions - the Pro Plus is super expensive so would prefer to just get the cheaper one if i can -  i did some googling but could not find it (or least am not sure if i did) - thanks in advance 
All you need is a 12 inch Ettore Channel and handle, then just do a slight 'dog-ear' on the channel (see Chris Dauber on you tube). Then, if you use a RazR-red rubber, you will be OK. Also, stick a bit of broom handle into the brass handle, showing about one and a half inches sticking out, it'll give it more balance. If you can't find the video, I'll do a photo of mine. I use Moerman squeegees now, but now and again I use my Ettore..

I would highly recommend getting the new moerman handle.  It is without doubt the best handle I've used and I've used a few including the contour pro plus (i have a liquidator set up).  Although, i disagree with rugby wolf when it comes to razr red; the quality has massively dropped and I've had nothing but issues with my last batches. It's a shame, as when you get a piece that works as it should it is a great rubber but the inconsistency lets it down and I won't be buying anymore.

I read that people are dissatisfied with the RazR Reds. I bought some  only recently and I have no probs with them.
It's a bit of a mystery razr red;  I bought two packs in the last 6 months, one pack was not usable the other was hit and miss.  I've heard of some new yellow rubber mentioned on here,  have not tried it but may well give it a go.  Falling back on Ettore & Moerman rubber for the moment, the latter being over priced imo.

whats a good rubber to go for from Moerman / Ettore ? I won't be risking the RazorReds but thanks everyone for the feedback 

whats a good rubber to go for from Moerman / Ettore ? I won't be risking the RazorReds but thanks everyone for the feedback 
If you don't mind cutting it then go for the Ettore ( make sure you cut the ends straight - i use a hammer and stanley blade). The moerman is pre cut and I tend to keep that for when I'm on the job for a quick change if my rubber is playing up/needing replacement. Both are good but the moerman rubber is pricer.  Trad man has mentioned pulex rubber (much cheaper), I'm yet to give that a go but I will try it at some point as it could be a big saving and we all like to spend less ? 

Moerman rubbers are OK, but don't last very long. I haven't found any of the 'black' rubbers that are any good. The RazRed are good because they last a long time,

Thanks everyone for the replies -

i contacted Bob (polzn bladz) about the handle - this is their handle he was referring to : 

https://www.janitorialsupplies.co.uk/ettore-pro-plus-squeegee-handle.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI85zV1cnI4wIVibTtCh2KyAC_EAQYASABEgL9LvD_BwE

I asked about him about modifying the handle using a vice and pressure to bend it - he said : 

“you gotta be a careful about not bending it too quickly or too much or it can snap. Put a little pressure on it at a time and the metal part of the handle will bend. All my (modified) handles are around 10 degree’s and as a standard they’re 33 degrees” 

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same liquidator modification ?

Thanks everyone for the replies -

i contacted Bob (polzn bladz) about the handle - this is their handle he was referring to : 

https://www.janitorialsupplies.co.uk/ettore-pro-plus-squeegee-handle.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI85zV1cnI4wIVibTtCh2KyAC_EAQYASABEgL9LvD_BwE

I asked about him about modifying the handle using a vice and pressure to bend it - he said : 

“you gotta be a careful about not bending it too quickly or too much or it can snap. Put a little pressure on it at a time and the metal part of the handle will bend. All my (modified) handles are around 10 degree’s and as a standard they’re 33 degrees” 

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same liquidator modification ?
You shouldn't have to bend the handle, the one you linked to is a quick release type. I've only ever bought one of those, and never needed to quick release. If you buying Ettore, you will be OK.

thanks Ruby - that's just what Bob recommended in his reply the other day. I am confused why there aren't easily available 10 degree squeegee handles on the market (maybe there are but seems strange that one of the top trad cleaners chooses to modify this handle instead of using one off the shelf. The ettore contour pro+ handle is also recommended as has adjustable option but at 40£ its super expensive. 

i got 2 excelerators a couple months ago with liquidator 2 channels and fliq pads. no need to own any other squeegee, although i will order ecelerator 2 as they are even more versatile. all my other stuff is in the obsolete bin.

I have tried most of the squeegee rubbers out there. The razor red is very hit and miss - the spotless yellow was good but it's difficult to source in the longer lengths. I am now using the black diamond squeegee rubber and it's excellent. It seems to out perform the rest of the competition, and I'm now using this with my moerman liquidator channel along with the mk2 excelerator handle set up. 

I have tried most of the squeegee rubbers out there. The razor red is very hit and miss - the spotless yellow was good but it's difficult to source in the longer lengths. I am now using the black diamond squeegee rubber and it's excellent. It seems to out perform the rest of the competition, and I'm now using this with my moerman liquidator channel along with the mk2 excelerator handle. 
nice gonna grab some of these and give them a try - are you using the hard rubber for summer cleaning or medium ?

Latest Posts

Back