Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New gardiner pole

Ricky.

Hi all,

I’m about to purchase my first gardiner pole, gonna go for the slx 30, Just after some help/advice on the best brush, gooseneck and hose to get with it- mainly domestic work so looking for all rounder brush for led windows, frames, sills etc 

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate appreciate it??

As has been said numerous times, brushes are a very personal choice so you are going to get many 'conflicting' opinions, none of which are wrong.

Each round is different and you will need to adapt your equipment to your particular needs.

For example, @steve garwood has suggested a 9" gooseneck. We have a local windie that uses a longer gooseneck fixed to his poles permanentally. We work similar areas but I have only in need of a gooseneck once every 6 weeks on the one job I have and the other for a conservatory roof clean every 4 weeks on another commercial job. I haven't bothered with a dedicated gooseneck as I have just linked 2 angle adapters together to give me the angle. They are a permanent fixture on my 40' pole that I need for these times. Should I need a 90 degree angle to do the occasional solar panel clean or velux window then I can adjust the angle to suit the application.

So for me having an adjustable 'gooseneck' is the answer.

Before Gardiner's sold carbon goosenecks I ordered an alloy gooseneck from them. I fitted it and only used it once. It was too heavy and too unstable for me to use with a standard width brush.

If you are going to take the bottom sections off to save weight, get a few rubber ends to protect the sections you expose.

I also use the red Dupont brush as my main brush. 35cm and 4 100 degree jets works for me.

I love the swivel but prefer to have the brush as close to the pole as possible, so I skip the quick lock and use the adapter you screw directly to the brush head.

Used it since January this year and it is just perfect. (I do have the extreme 25 pole though).

As has been said numerous times, brushes are a very personal choice so you are going to get many 'conflicting' opinions, none of which are wrong.

Each round is different and you will need to adapt your equipment to your particular needs.

For example, @steve garwood has suggested a 9" gooseneck. We have a local windie that uses a longer gooseneck fixed to his poles permanentally. We work similar areas but I have only in need of a gooseneck once every 6 weeks on the one job I have and the other for a conservatory roof clean every 4 weeks on another commercial job. I haven't bothered with a dedicated gooseneck as I have just linked 2 angle adapters together to give me the angle. They are a permanent fixture on my 40' pole that I need for these times. Should I need a 90 degree angle to do the occasional solar panel clean or velux window then I can adjust the angle to suit the application.

So for me having an adjustable 'gooseneck' is the answer.

Before Gardiner's sold carbon goosenecks I ordered an alloy gooseneck from them. I fitted it and only used it once. It was too heavy and too unstable for me to use with a standard width brush.
That’s why I put ‘I use’ so he knows it’s my personal preference ?

Back