Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Seagull fly’s of with family dog

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ah man, I just hope the dog was dead before it swallowed it. They are beasts those, are they herring gulls? Eat a lot of ducklings on the estuary where I live. yeh if they poop on you ya know it. my mate and his family had all just arrived at felixstowe for a nice day at the seaside and one of them b'stards pooped all over em. covered the whole family, baby in pram, the lot. They just went straight home again.?

We have no end of problems with seagulls hear they will openly attack you in the street , the house across the road from me has a nest on the roof the two chicks are about to fly off and the adults as soon as we come out of our front door are dive bombing us on a daily basis . The noise they make is horrendous they start squarking at 1am right through the night , ironically there is nothing that can be done about it as they are protected by law !!!!! They are hardly an endangered species . 

We have no end of problems with seagulls hear they will openly attack you in the street , the house across the road from me has a nest on the roof the two chicks are about to fly off and the adults as soon as we come out of our front door are dive bombing us on a daily basis . The noise they make is horrendous they start squarking at 1am right through the night , ironically there is nothing that can be done about it as they are protected by law !!!!! They are hardly an endangered species . 
That would **** me right off. I guess if fish stocks get low they'll come further inland too. I know they eat garden birds given a chance.

This is real **** as its in Torbay and we own 3 teacup Chihuhua, or male Big Dave is the smallest dog i have ever seen. we are now worried about them going into the back garden. 

We had a family business on the riverside that was surrounded by very big shipbuilding sheds. The gulls nested on top of them, literally in their 1000's. If a young gull failed to fly and glided down to the floor if anyone went anywhere near it the cry went up and you were dive bombed constantly by dozens of birds. You had to run inside or you were covered in ? 

People that have never witnessed it don't appreciate how bad these things are. 

Ah man, I just hope the dog was dead before it swallowed it. They are beasts those, are they herring gulls? Eat a lot of ducklings on the estuary where I live. yeh if they poop on you ya know it. my mate and his family had all just arrived at felixstowe for a nice day at the seaside and one of them b'stards pooped all over em. covered the whole family, baby in pram, the lot. They just went straight home again.?

Like a b52 bomber, Horrid things!

LOL seagulls have flat webbed feet !! thay dont have craws like birds of pray, how are thay ment to grip it ? 

Pick them up with their beak and usually drop pray to kill them but judging by the video they could probably snap the neck of smaller animals with a shake. 

Think anyone using or skyvac atom (or something similar) better upgrade to a bigger/heavier vac asap otherwise it won’t be long before someone has their gutter vac taken away by a seagull 

Na seriously the ones by Bournemouth pier if you get take away chips from Harry ramsdens, they can get quite aggressive.

Cruel joke I know, but years ago me & a few mates got chips there, and there was a elderly couple sat on a bench, we had loads of chips left over so we emptied our chip bags out all under & around the bench they were sat on. We did it behind them so they didn’t realise. Literally about 50 seagulls were going crazy all around their feet haha. Kids hey!? ?

11 hours ago, BigFoot said:

So, the story on the news yesterday about the family pet chihuahua dog being snatched by a seagull and flown off,

well, I don’t think they’ll see him again see video below.

I hope he don’t let fly on any of my windows!

Full story https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/22/seagull-snatches-chihuahua-back-garden-flies-tiny-dog-beak/

That video is so funny, I am amazed it swallowed it whole, I can't imagine it will have kept it down though 

Pick them up with their beak and usually drop pray to kill them but judging by the video they could probably snap the neck of smaller animals with a shake. 
pick them up while on the ground brifly maybe, but i cant see them flying off with one in its beak thats what im saying. to much weight on the front end to maintain.  besides that rabbit looks like a baby one thats already dead when the gull found it.  birds of pray have to dive bomb very quickly useing there claws to pin things down. cant see a sea gull being fast enough to grab an hold a rabbit just using its beak. like crows thay dont really hunt for live food, just scavenge for scraps.  

No such thing as a seagull, so I don't believe a word of it.

There are, however, different species of gulls that live by the sea ??

pick them up while on the ground brifly maybe, but i cant see them flying off with one in its beak thats what im saying. to much weight on the front end to maintain.  besides that rabbit looks like a baby one thats already dead when the gull found it.  birds of pray have to dive bomb very quickly useing there claws to pin things down. cant see a sea gull being fast enough to grab an hold a rabbit just using its beak. like crows thay dont really hunt for live food, just scavenge for scraps.  

I'm with riggy on this.

Let me tell ya some of the seagulls around our north wales coast  look like they are on steroids I’m sure they get bigger each year .

6.30 I was going out the other morning and right at the end of my drive is a telegraph pole  I open the van door sorting  my self out before setting off then **** all down my shoulder / arm  the worst thing it was warm  so there I was kicking the telegraph pole and it didn’t budge just looked at me  ,I then had the thought of f someone is watching me kicking this pole  at 6.30 in the morning they will be thinking look at that head case  he’s lost the plot lol !!

Back