Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is 13.2 l/m flow rate enough?

This time last year I bought a PW and flat surface cleaner. With hindsight, I would have never bought the surface cleaner because I never use it. I always use my twin turbo or my new falch nozzle. If I was you then I would spend £1500 on a PW at Rutland Pumps where you will get a 250bar at 15lpm for that price. If you can save up a bit more, you can get a 250bar at 21lpm for £2200 like the one I have. :1f609:  

Thanks for your advice Scottish. I have been back and forth the Rutland site as well, it's very tempting to go for one of theirs but I am pretty keen on getting a FSC as well though, primarily due to (the hope) that it'll be a little more forgiving on my back than power washing with a lance. What are they like to push around?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will do the job just won’t do it  as fast as the higher flow rate machines , but as Scottish said speak to Ben at rutland Pumps  ime sure he would sort you out a machine at a decent price 

It will do the job just won’t do it  as fast as the higher flow rate machines , but as Scottish said speak to Ben at rutland Pumps  ime sure he would sort you out a machine at a decent price 
Thanks Pjj, that's what I needed to know. Something to think about then, cheers.

If your adamant that you want to use a flat surface cleaner then I would suggest going for the highest spec machine you can afford. 21lts per min and 200 - 250 bar will make your life so much easier.

Thanks for your advice Scottish. I have been back and forth the Rutland site as well, it's very tempting to go for one of theirs but I am pretty keen on getting a FSC as well though, primarily due to (the hope) that it'll be a little more forgiving on my back than power washing with a lance. What are they like to push around?
As Scottish says, flat surface cleaners don’t really cut it, I only use mine on patio slabs, they aren’t anywhere near as effective on block paving as a turbo nozzle.

I replied on your other post about castors with an alternative machine, the one you posted isn’t great value.

Back