Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HM Digital in-line TDS meter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

I have a problem with my meter, it has two probes, the one coming out of the D I vessel just before the pure hits the Ibc tank, is constantly reading 00r. I’ve tried turning it back on & off still no change. The inline reads fine, that’s just before the membrane. But no joy with the other probe. ??

I have a problem with my meter, it has two probes, the one coming out of the D I vessel just before the pure hits the Ibc tank, is constantly reading 00r. I’ve tried turning it back on & off still no change. The inline reads fine, that’s just before the membrane. But no joy with the other probe. ??
@doug atkinson should be able to help as he sells them.

I personally would remove the battery, leave it for a while and then put the battery back in and see if that resets it. I've had mine years and never touched it; haven't even replaced the battery. Has it got a reset 'hole'?

@doug atkinson should be able to help as he sells them.

I personally would remove the battery, leave it for a while and then put the battery back in and see if that resets it. I've had mine years and never touched it; haven't even replaced the battery. Has it got a reset 'hole'?
Thanks Spruce

i will remove the battery and try it. I bought it off Doug. It keeps doing this same thing every couple of weeks, but sick of it now, resorting to testing a cup of water with handheld meter?. Can’t seem to loosen the probes either?. Many thanks will check it out

This happened to me a few months back.

Turned out I’d stretched the wire and it had come apart. Managed to remove some of the outer sleeve of said wire and reconnect it ?

Ok Steve

ill have a look, but I can’t see it been that as it just sits on top, and never moves, but it’s worth a look. I will check tomorrow, not going into garage with all this heavy rain?. What a night. Thanks. 

Quick update. Disconnected the meter. Wiped the probes with pure water, connected it up again, gave figures all over the place to start. Then after I took water from I can tank, started to fill it back up again, the meter finally settled down. So it’s been fine for the last 3 days. Thanks guys. 

Contacted HM digital. They were useless, asked for model number, gave them it, never heard another thing back from them. Bad customer service. 

Back