Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

advice on a caravan clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No nonsense degreaser from screwfix will take the muck off, but do a test patch 1st, make sure it doesn't cause any issues, shouldn't do but better to be safe than sorry

Virosol diluted 10-1 light rub with wfp. Rinse will come up like new , if the window frames are a bit grubby try a bit of hypo diluted they will come up well and that will kill all the algy spores in the joints that a degreased won’t 

Virosol diluted 10-1 light rub with wfp. Rinse will come up like new , if the window frames are a bit grubby try a bit of hypo diluted they will come up well and that will kill all the algy spores in the joints that a degreased won’t 
best place for virosol? 

well screwfix degreaser and cold water gave me these results. 

ps the caravan looked a lot greener in person compaired to the pics. 

View attachment 17236

View attachment 17237

View attachment 17238

Looks great mate, bet they were well chuffed? 

I've done a few caravans, not as soiled as that and always charge £60.

How much did you charge for that one? Hope it was a sensible price, as you've just added a lot more value to it for them.

Looks great mate, bet they were well chuffed? 

I've done a few caravans, not as soiled as that and always charge £60.

How much did you charge for that one? Hope it was a sensible price, as you've just added a lot more value to it for them.
long story short. 

she is a business owner (business angel) who helped me and my partner set up our cleaning business. So it was a freebie

Took 2 hours including tea and biscuit breaks. She has given me that 2 hours back many times over in the past. 

She was super chuffed and did try to pay. 

If I were to charge I would have gone in for around £80 and smashed it out in about 90 mins. 

Last edited by a moderator:
long story short. 

she is a business owner (business angel) who helped me and my partner set up our cleaning business. So it was a freebie

Took 2 hours including tea and biscuit breaks. She has given me that 2 hours back many times over in the past. 

If I were to charge I would have gone in for around £80 and smashed it out in about 90 mins. 
Sounds good ?

I bet she's well pleased with it.

Looking good nice job done there , use some of those pictures for a portfolio to show potential customers what you can do 
my only concern with putting these pics up is even though the job itself was easier than it looks. I don't really want to market myself as providing a caravan cleaning service. Don't fancy getting called to a travellers site. No offence to any travellers on here.

was suprised how well the degreaser worked with cold water. Did not manage to get my hands on any virosol in time. But will get some on order to try out. 

my only concern with putting these pics up is even though the job itself was easier than it looks. I don't really want to market myself as providing a caravan cleaning service. Don't fancy getting called to a travellers site. No offence to any travellers on here.

was suprised how well the degreaser worked with cold water. Did not manage to get my hands on any virosol in time. But will get some on order to try out. 

My philosophy is I will clean anything if the price is right , I would happily clean a travellers caravan if they are happy to pay the price 

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on the van you had wheels they might do a runner .Seriously though I have in the past dealt with some in another buisness you treat them right and fair nothing to worry about if you don’t then worry!!

was suprised how well the degreaser worked with cold water. Did not manage to get my hands on any virosol in time. But will get some on order to try out.
Additional services mean additional sources of income and you can pick and choose the jobs you do. Besides, there are plenty of people with cravans for holidays etc.
Virosol is easily found on Amazon and Ebay and that and No Nonsense are both highly effective multi purpose cleaners and degreasers, i.e. oil stains and anything oil / grease based.

Back