Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Procedure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Hello everyone,

Been reading some topics and watching some videos on youtube but just want to double check with some professionals before operating the WFP system. Our setup we've purchased is:

350l tank.
Resin.
Gardiner backpack V3
Telescopic pole
Transfer pump

What is the correct working process from the water entering the tank to exiting the pole? Is it:

Water into tank > Pour in resin > Pump from tank into backpack > Operate pole system

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Why would you be pumping from a tank into a backpack? 

I am confused of that thought process ??

You mentioned “Our set up we’ve purchased” so that’s two brains and you got that conclusion?

And for for that reason I am out, Good luck and all the best. 

I think we might have scared him off, @WBL if you provide a little more information we could advise what size DI vessel to purchase and were to buy your resin from if you haven't already. If you are somewhat vague with your questions then you will get vague answers, far better to ask with as much info been provided as possible, even if it goes slightly off topic, as that's one of our specialities on here ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets start at the beginning @WBL.

We use tap water to clean windows. But we need to remove the dissolved solids in the water (purify it) so we leave a spot free finish when the glass dries.

There are 2 ways of purifying this tap water. If you have soft water then a di vessel filled with resin is OK. If you are in a hard water area then you will need to use an r/o (reverse osmosis) system to remove most of those impurities and then remove the rest  (polish off) with resin.

Your first bit of kit you buy is a genuine TDS meter to discover if your water is soft, medium or hard.

If your water is soft, then I would connect my di vessel onto my tap and slowly fill my van tank. The resin in the di vessel will remove all the impurities in the water so you will end up with pure water in your tank. The resin in your di vessel won't last forever, so you need to check the tds of your water in the van's tank regularily.

If you are in a hard water area then you need an r/o and di vessel to purify your water. Most of us use a separate storage tank and 230v transfer pump and hose for this. We pump that stored water into our van's tank as and when we need it.

If you have a full tank of water in your van all you need to do is fill your backpack from the water in your tank, connect your pole to your backpack and go and clean windows. You can either transfer water to your backpack via gravity or use a 12v transfer pump.

Hello team,

apologies for sounding like a novice, I am... ? I’m not a window cleaner at all, I’ve just offered to help a friend who isn’t computer literate to try learn how to operate a WFP system. Thanks for all the advice, anti clockwise right? 

Hello team,

apologies for sounding like a novice, I am... ? I’m not a window cleaner at all, I’ve just offered to help a friend who isn’t computer literate to try learn how to operate a WFP system. Thanks for all the advice, anti clockwise right? 

Thanks for updating us with regard to your status. Had we have known this we wouldn't have been quick to take the Michael, sorry.

When your friend gets his TDS meter, just ask him to measure the tds of the water that comes out of his tap. It will probably be soft if you are in Scotland but its never guaranteed.

If its medium to hard, then he could need a little advise on what r/o he requires for his needs. Suppliers like @doug atkinson from Daqua in Scotland are always happy to help.

Your friend can get a genuine TDS meter from him. Doug also sells Di vessels.

This Youtube video will help

Last edited by a moderator:
@WBL
The was your post the other week, so which is it, helping a mate or ?
Hello,

My family have recently bought into half a run and I'm now in the role of marketing and running the business. We've just invested in some Gardiner backpack kits. I was just wondering if anyone could recommond the best cleaning solution to input into the water? Or while I'm here, any advice yous could share for the backpack systems would be excellent, or improving the run at all. New into the idustry and really want to make it work.

Thanks,
Craig 

Back