Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up price!!

Joe29

Evening ladies and gents,

im looking to start a cleaning service in Kent area!

giving service of window, guttering, fascia cleaning 

plus driveway!! 

What do people charge for there service as different  site our saying different price! 

Thank you in advance

joe 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your gonna have to be more specific than that if you want answers! It's a bit like saying how much is a bar of chocolate! When there thousands of shops sling thousands of types of chocolate all for different prices! In essence the going price is how much you want to earn. If I cleaned 2 houses an hour and want 40 quid an hour a house is 20 quid Iif I only need to earn 10 quid they are 5 quid each. 

Your gonna have to be more specific than that if you want answers! It's a bit like saying how much is a bar of chocolate! When there thousands of shops sling thousands of types of chocolate all for different prices! In essence the going price is how much you want to earn. If I cleaned 2 houses an hour and want 40 quid an hour a house is 20 quid Iif I only need to earn 10 quid they are 5 quid each. 

Yea I get what you mean! I was looking at doing set price on the style of the house!!

Do some market research and don’t intentionally under cut prices by large margins when you find out the information your seeking.

As said already set yourself an hourly rate and break it down per a house/job!!! <— why?!!

windows i charge min £12.50 worked out at £1.25 a window or £2.50 if large, get a decent amount of jobs so cant be priced to high but often get told im expensive so definitely not at low end for my area - tried a set price but seems to be better for me to price per window the houses vary so much atleast round my way, 3bed detached with 22 windows then 4 bed detached with 14, some 3 bed semis have 15 or more but would love to crack a simpler method  

gutters i charge £3-4 a meter for clears, same for sfg cleans and small discount if they do both... get nearly all clear quotes as a job but only around 30% of the cleans so figure for clears im at low end, for cleans im near high end

pressure washing i do £3/sq meter or £2.50 if large area.... only ever landed small jobs so guess my min charge is abit to low but for anything over £100 im getting to expensive... only a small pressure washer though so cant go much lower and get enough done to beat window wages 

as others have said its more down to what you want rather than what others are charging, id aim the higher end rather than low end, much rather less work for the same money and if starting high no reason to regret the prices in 6months time when you have more confidence in your ability 

Back