Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on roof cleaning

Clarkus84

Hi lads, 

I've had a potential customer ask for a quote for roof cleaning. It's a bungalow with approx 130 m2. I've never pressure washed a roof so not so sure about the pricing. Should I price by the meter or day rate. There's also some softwashing involved in some of it but it's the pricing of the roof I'm thinking about. Any advice appreciated.... 

IMG_20190802_153921.jpg

IMG_20190802_153833.jpg

IMG_20190802_153844.jpg

After you PW the roof then you need to clear the gutters and clean all the windows. Finally you need to clean the place up or put down plenty of salvage sheets. I would probably charge £600 for an existing customer and take two easy days to do it. 

I'm thinking around the right lines then.had two days in my head and same figure. There is a bit of softwashing there too at the front of the house and gable wall so maybe go in at 7 and allow 3 days total 

We don’t do many roofs but most seam to charge around £900-1200 for that type of thing according to the other forum 

I'm n. Ireland based @Pjj. We're not as rich as you lads ???

Definitely wouldn't get that much

As I said this is what most people would charge for that type of work , we don’t generally do roofs as most don’t want to pay , but in areas that this type of work is done that’s the going rate ,it’s a lot of work clearing up after emptying gutters rinsing down walls and paths , at £600 for up to 3 days that’s very poor money , you should be able to earn £200 per day taking it easy cleaning windows from the safety of the ground so why climb on roofs for the same amount ?? Either charge more or stick to the windows it’s far more profitable . 

All joking aside, I do know what you're saying. It's a lot of work. I am going to suggest a scrape and softwash but all n all I think I'll be quoting around 7/750.believe me, that's a decent wage round my way for a few days work. Seriously, I wouldn't get the prices yous lads get over there 

Just a wee update lads. I ended up quoting £700 for the roof cleaning and softwashing of the walls. No word back yet. I had also asked another guy who I've worked with in the past and he said I was along the right lines with the quote. Ya can't win em all eh

Back