Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help please filters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

francie

Could someone help me out, iv got a collins  300gpd ro, an I'm looking to change the filters, (not the pre filters) 

There's three I need to change, could someone tell me which is best to buy thanks

I have bought off daqua in the past and they are great but found cheap ones on amazon that were about 12 quid each and never let me down

Depends what you want to go for

For the price of 4 I could buy 1 top quality one and still need to change them in a year or so

The small membranes don't seem to last long in my experience 

I find it depends on your TDS. I've used the cheap ones from China available on eBay, Amazon etc and they were fine and lasted years but they don't usually produce as high a percentage of pure water as higher quality membranes. Which is fine if you have low TDS at the tap.

For instance I bought cheap membranes 5 years ago and I was getting 0-1ppm out without resin, but my tap water was low TDS. I moved house 2 years ago and with the exact setup they went from 0-1 to around 20ppm. The tap water was less pure so I've bought high quality Axeon membranes now which reduces it to 2-3ppm. 

If I move back to an area with very soft water like <100ppm, I'd probably buy the cheap ones again but it costs more in my area as I'd have to use resin to polish it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the reply, what I meant was size wise, are they a universal fit? 

Iv loads of prefilters just need the embrane one? 

Thank you for the reply, what I meant was size wise, are they a universal fit? 

Iv loads of prefilters just need the embrane one? 
Put up a pic, but I am guessing you have a standard R/O, so therefore you will need  Axeon 100gpd RO membrane X3 I personally wouldn't buy from any other supplier as 100% genuine products no question ever and the customer service is second to none, certainly IMHO there is no other better supplier of water processing products 

@Iron Giantthanks for the reply mate, haven't a clue how to do photos, but you've pointed me in the right direction, thank you
No worries at all, if you are unsure of anything ask again, but if you ring Doug directly he is always more than happy to help and I have never felt he was ever too busy to talk over things, which is something I have found with other suppliers. 

No worries at all, if you are unsure of anything ask again, but if you ring Doug directly he is always more than happy to help and I have never felt he was ever too busy to talk over things, which is something I have found with other suppliers. 
Will do bud thanks

Back