Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Camberley Window Cleaning

I just started window cleaning (WFP)

Pane
35 minutes ago, MCWC said:

How is all my fellow newbies finding their first winter so far

Not to bad thanks mate...Business is picking up..Albeit...very slowly but getting there👍😁...Thanks for asking MCWC.

MCWC

Me to man business is slowly picking up and I figure if I'm able to pick up work this time of year then spring should be booming lol

Up to 50 regular cleans a month with approx 10/15 random one offs or I'll give you a call when I need you

Funny thing is approx 4/5 of the one off have called me back multiple times lol

Still working full time in my other place and finding it a stretch to get both done but if I can double my work by end of spring I will swap around and do wi dows full time and part time where I am now 

scottish cleaning service

I picked up two new customers today. One said she had phoned 3 window cleaners and they said they don't do her area. She found me on Google, I was working round the corner from her and I told her £15 a month and she was very happy but she is a principle teacher. Next one will be a tenner a month and I'll probably get it because not much competition as it seems to be a dying trade in Paisley at the moment. I missed out on one new customer because his wife met someone on a bus. Anyhow the guy is only charging £6 but I told the customer I would have been a tenner a month. Did his gutters this week and he told me he is not happy with the new guy's work. I said what do you expect for £6, I charge more but take my time, I told him. I guess I will add him to my books soon because I do the rest of the block. Once you start picking up new customers it seems to gain motion all by itself. That's what I'm experiencing. fwiw

MCWC

And I started a refferal promotion also so that's helping too a little but not as much as I was hoping but maybe I just promote that again and again and maybe it will pay off

Going to offer internals now also in the run up to Xmas as people will have family over and will want to have everything spick and span just need to get more trad gear will get during the week and start offering it from December 

20 minutes ago, MCWC said:

And I started a refferal promotion also so that's helping too a little but not as much as I was hoping but maybe I just promote that again and again and maybe it will pay off

Going to offer internals now also in the run up to Xmas as people will have family over and will want to have everything spick and span just need to get more trad gear will get during the week and start offering it from December 

I have one of these for internals, doesn't use much water.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/moerman-combinator?variant=19114558292037&currency=GBP&utm_campaign=gs-2019-09-19&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh678yv_x5QIVQrDtCh2lmgzbEAQYESABEgKUgfD_BwE

Pane
12 hours ago, MCWC said:

Me to man business is slowly picking up and I figure if I'm able to pick up work this time of year then spring should be booming lol

Up to 50 regular cleans a month with approx 10/15 random one offs or I'll give you a call when I need you

Still working full time in my other place and finding it a stretch to get both done but if I can double my work by end of spring I will swap around and do wi dows full time and part time where I am now 

Hopefully Spring will be booming👍😁....

Im getting more enquiries,its Hopefilly gonna start to snowball in the NYear 👍...then i can organise clients appropriately.

Edited by Pane

MCWC

I just going to go to local hardware store apparently they have basic unger tools will pick some of them up hope they have different size channels as some windows like to be awkward and be too small for a 14" blade lol

Yea and hopefully it snowballs over the winter (pardon the pun) 

U guys put much thought into water freezing and putting stuff down kinda just thinking of getting salts to put where the water ends up 

mike007
12 hours ago, MCWC said:

How is all my fellow newbies finding their first winter so far

Not my first, but so far think my wettest, normal winter weather is not too bad, even the colder days after the first house of the day is done.

mike007
11 hours ago, MCWC said:

It is hard to maintain a full time job while building a round...usually something has to give...but hope you succeed.

11 hours ago, MCWC said:

Have two internals booked in for week before Xmas so far,usually shy away from them other than the odd window over a sink for a pensioner or two...but extra money for holiday period when not working, and they are regular customers.

Pane
11 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Just NEED to make sure with Internal Clean work youve adequate Public Liability Insurance.You could be facing alot of persistant,un needed hassle.

Pane
11 hours ago, MCWC said:

I just going to go to local hardware store apparently they have basic unger tools will pick some of them up hope they have different size channels as some windows like to be awkward and be too small for a 14" blade lol

Yea and hopefully it snowballs over the winter (pardon the pun) 

U guys put much thought into water freezing and putting stuff down kinda just thinking of getting salts to put where the water ends up 

Firstly - i rarely use Unger,therefore dont really rate them.

Secondly - I've primarily dealt with water freezing.If need be,ill deal with it at the time.Itll be a rare thing.

Pane
20 minutes ago, mike007 said:

Not my first, but so far think my wettest, normal winter weather is not too bad, even the colder days after the first house of the day is done.

Definately...Wetter Mike007.I think most Clients are under the impression,rain will clean the windows.Id still clean windows in the rain - as long as ive got waterproofs on...Heavy rain,youd be mad to be out there.

MCWC
20 minutes ago, Pane said:

I've primarily dealt with water freezing.If need be,ill deal with it at the time.Itll be a rare thing.

It's. Just because most days I finish at 3 and try to get a few in before I head home not easy when it's dark around 5 and since it's getting colder was worried about water freezing on the pathway and someone slipping 

Pane
6 minutes ago, MCWC said:

It's. Just because most days I finish at 3 and try to get a few in before I head home not easy when it's dark around 5 and since it's getting colder was worried about water freezing on the pathway and someone slipping 

Martin,in the nicest possible way,i fear for you mate.

- Finish properly at 3 then - no one would normally continue in the dark.We all know there'll be excess water,especially on paths!...Its an Accident waiting to happen🤔...Someone mentioned doing Internal cleans earlier...Im covered Public Liability Insurance - Outside Only.

Inside is hassle - Dirty boots/shoes on carpets,ornaments,plants etc in the way...Itd have to be worth the pay rate from Client tobe worth Your Time wise.Unless your a small to medium company & can afford Internal as well as External Insurance.Id stay with External cleans.

Part Timer
29 minutes ago, Pane said:

Time wise.Unless your a small to medium company & can afford Internal as well as External Insurance.Id stay with External cleans.

My Insurance states internal cleaning can be up to 10% of my turnover, it's actually less than 2%, and there is no extra premium. 

MCWC

No I never go past half 4 as that's roughly sunset and gives maybe hour or so for the water to wick away but I don't think it's long enough time especially in winter 

But at the same time it's the only time I have free at the min one morning a week off and rest are starts at 7am in my full time job

Pane
36 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

My Insurance states internal cleaning can be up to 10% of my turnover, it's actually less than 2%, and there is no extra premium. 

Thatd be for you to decide Part timer im afraid.Im running my own business.I wish you luck chap.

Part Timer
6 hours ago, Pane said:

Thatd be for you to decide Part timer im afraid.Im running my own business.I wish you luck chap.

My reply was about you saying you need insurance for internal cleaning and it will cost more. It doesn't if it is only going to be a small amount of your total business.

Pane
49 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

My reply was about you saying you need insurance for internal cleaning and it will cost more. It doesn't if it is only going to be a small amount of your total business.

Ahh,i see part timer thank you.

The way you worded it,starting with "My Insurance..",appeared Yours😉👍.

Pane
43 minutes ago, Pane said:

Ahh,i see part timer thank you.

The way you worded it,starting with "My Insurance..",appeared Yours😉👍.

Having said that part timer..Internal Cleaning Only contributing a small percentage to your business...Isnt worth it..no brainer really!😉.

Used my hot water today for first time doing a first clean. Fantastic, just dipped my brush in a buket of degreaser and away I went. After scrubbing all the front I changed my brush and finished them off then rinsed. I now have a dedicated degreaser brush which I use for pvc cleans and first cleans. Well worth an extra few bob to convert to hot water especially this time of year. 😉

Part Timer
1 hour ago, Pane said:

Having said that part timer..Internal Cleaning Only contributing a small percentage to your business...Isnt worth it..no brainer really!😉.

Depends on what your turnover is, also that work averages £50 an hour and isn't that easy to replace with external work at the same value.

MCWC

So all my fellow newbies how did u get christmas over you

Also quick question for those more experienced wanting to buy some upgrades what size ro system should I get as I know I can use di for now but looking at future planning