Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One off yearly student village clean.

Joe Preston

Hi guys, just looking for a but of Advice in a student village clean. There is 127 properties.. 1-4 beds also 2- 3 storey... all properties are semi detached.. They want a price for a one off yearly clean.. they also want 2 separate quotes one for cleaning just the outside. Then one for cleaning internally.. thanks in advance 

personally i wouldnt take the job on......too big and theres a chance you might not get paid which will hurt if you dont!also itll take at least a week or two to clean if your a sole trader putting all your regular work behind schedule.....also i dont clean inside windows so im out.......

Hi guys, just looking for a but of Advice in a student village clean. There is 127 properties.. 1-4 beds also 2- 3 storey... all properties are semi detached.. They want a price for a one off yearly clean.. they also want 2 separate quotes one for cleaning just the outside. Then one for cleaning internally.. thanks in advance 

Make sure you price it well they take longer than you think and are generally filthy , payment is usually slow as well 12 weeks , chase it as much as you like and it doesn’t make any difference that’s what I found hears one we have done in the past Ime waiting for a call any time now about it again ???, the pictures show about half of the building and it’s inside and out all windows stair wells are a nightmare and it’s always covered in baked on seagull poo . Access to one end of the building is very poor you only have 10 feet away from the building to a high wall and need to have a 65 foot pole fully extended to  do theses windows  ,when we did it they hadn’t been cleaned fir 10 years and were totaly covered in green algy , access to each flat on the front elevation is needed as the balconies have dividers so you cannot go from one to the next .

91CC56F5-3D99-46F5-A936-5953F83C7FC9.jpeg

D8A71D86-B4B1-4B75-9835-F760A4CDA3DD.jpeg

F6BBF662-D978-493A-8C72-A519B2D15A0A.jpeg

0BF3FFE1-E600-4A70-BC4B-684F0B4D6CFB.jpeg

452BC502-F01C-4D9A-9618-9CEF51F60E9D.jpeg

9347072B-4925-4D63-98F1-550C1F79C853.jpeg

8FEF3A5E-BC11-4BAB-A530-26CD280CD562.png

9526DB00-E9C5-44AD-AE42-ADC9B1F9C194.jpeg

D35944C2-9CB9-47E6-9157-4CFA0D5977C1.jpeg

DF8C4C1C-5653-41FC-A9FE-94326EFC4E62.jpeg

8553DC63-4D88-4779-B932-56FD8AE1EF26.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i wouldnt take the job on......too big and theres a chance you might not get paid which will hurt if you dont!also itll take at least a week or two to clean if your a sole trader putting all your regular work behind schedule.....also i dont clean inside windows so im out.......
Yeah. I was thinking the same. Though it's not easy to advise someone to walk away from work. 

long as i knew i was going get paid i would be glad at the chance of 127 propertys right now with my situation lol  why do people think u might not get paid ? are thay goverment owned or privet company ?  iv walked for days on end droped 2000 leaflets just to get 4 leads. what ever down sides there are to this it cant be much worse than the other ways of trying get some where doing this. 

If their council or government owned you won't get a premium price for doing them. They will ask a few windies for a quote and go for the cheapest. 

long as i knew i was going get paid i would be glad at the chance of 127 propertys right now with my situation lol  why do people think u might not get paid ? are thay goverment owned or privet company ?  iv walked for days on end droped 2000 leaflets just to get 4 leads. what ever down sides there are to this it cant be much worse than the other ways of trying get some where doing this. 
even worse if your an inexperienced window cleaner........by the way did you go back to the leafleted houses a few days later and knock on the doors?thats the best way of picking up work quickly.....

if your a sole trader you really dont want big jobs like these....you want to keep your eggs in lots of different smaller(preferably domestic!)baskets IMO.......its a large job that you will **** up on pricing anyway even if your quote gets excepted....itll be a nightmare...do you really want to wait 3 months for payment?if you get paid at all?didnt think so......

leave jobs like these to experienced commercial window cleaners who have employees and know how to price large jobs.

I wouldn't touch it myself, to much of a risk for me as a sole trader. Only way I would is if they agreed to pay per flat, day, or week rather than at the end of it. 

Obviously I would want it in writing too. 

But otherwise, no. Also it would screw up other clients cleans. 

Generally the owners of this type of building wouldn’t ask a sole trader to do this type of job as he wouldn’t have the kit , experience , or man power to do it , they usually have a very tight time frame that they have to be completed in and you will need all kinds of paperwork to apply for the job . 

Back