Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transfer deadline day.... How was yours?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

How does everyone feel their club has done their transfer business this summer?? As an arsenal fan I can say I'm fairly happy for a change, lol!! Not sure how I feel about Alex Iwobi leaving though.... 

We’ve gotta be happy with that one!

when you consider all we supposedly had was £40m to spend. Wise moves, and something that absolutely needed to happen.

My honest opinion- Iwobi just wasn’t good enough for a club of our stature. He’s an Everton player at best, like Walcott. We need next level to complete at the top. 

I wish him very well along with Theo.  

Yeah as an arsenal supporter i also think there was more to come from iwobi and think this could have been his prime season. Still not a bad price for him and we did very well on other transfers. Looking forward to the new season! 

Hammers look like they got a great line up this season, first game against man city tomoz. ( they won the friendly 4-1 but reckon hammers can have them, 7 to 1 at bookies.)

Regarding Andy carroll, he was a great asset I thought, but as you know, very injury prone.

Yeah as an arsenal supporter i also think there was more to come from iwobi and think this could have been his prime season. Still not a bad price for him and we did very well on other transfers. Looking forward to the new season! 
Yeah, we got a decent price but knowing our luck he'll turn into a world beater this season ??

I reckon the hammers could actually gatecrash that damn top 6 who are always there. None of them seemed anything special apart from man city and liverpool, Be an interesting season ? ⚽ Says its a hammer and pick but will do I spose ⚒️ ?

No transfers for us, given the embargo. No hazard but pulisic looks capable.

Lampard will at least give youth a chance to shine and no one expects anything from us this year. 

Like having a gap year haha

No transfers for us, given the embargo. No hazard but pulisic looks capable.

Lampard will at least give youth a chance to shine and no one expects anything from us this year. 

Like having a gap year haha
 Know what ya mean. trophy cupboards that never need opening ?

As a life long Ipswich fan i choose to ignore this topic, due to the fact ive had better transfers from hubba bubba and candy ciggies as a kid.
 yeh living in the area I used to go to a few town games, Would be great if they could do a back to back like norwich. the glory days are long gone, same as for many teams. Gap is too big nowdays and is daft really. Man city's accademy with their 100 pitches etc. 

Eight new players in at the den so well please. Went last week and a good start with a 1-0 win over Preston.

Going Charlton v Stoke today. So glad the season is back.

As many of you probably know by now, football has become **** in a lot of ways. (compared to how it was) Im talking about the way money has taken over, and a team can buy its way to the top. yeh, I know it was always a factor, but now its become insurmountable. Like, right, anyone who is rated the best, we buy. We get an injury to our top player(s) we buy, we replace. I know its been going down that road for years, but its made the game boring. And you think somehow if your team are top, then so are you. well, sorry, you aint.You aint that team. I went to our local teams match today, woodbridge town v coggeshall, fa cup 1st round. great, loved it. let them lot go into a global super league. not impressed. Sorry peeps, im waffling, early beers etc, but I'd love football to be back how it was. ⚽  ?

Is this rant because, despite your predictions, the Mighty Hammers were stuffed 5-0 at home ?
 lol, yes mate. Im laughing now but sour grape breakfast. To be fair after watching it on match of the day just now, up to the 2nd half there wasnt much in it. I got yous right, i'd put ipswich sunderland as a draw in my acca.

Anyway, will carry on blowing bubbles, gotta dream aint ya ?

As many of you probably know by now, football has become **** in a lot of ways. (compared to how it was) Im talking about the way money has taken over, and a team can buy its way to the top. yeh, I know it was always a factor, but now its become insurmountable. Like, right, anyone who is rated the best, we buy. We get an injury to our top player(s) we buy, we replace. I know its been going down that road for years, but its made the game boring. And you think somehow if your team are top, then so are you. well, sorry, you aint.You aint that team. I went to our local teams match today, woodbridge town v coggeshall, fa cup 1st round. great, loved it. let them lot go into a global super league. not impressed. Sorry peeps, im waffling, early beers etc, but I'd love football to be back how it was. ⚽  ?

Couldn’t agree more with this, football used to be a working mans game it’s been ruined by money. I was watching a couple of old United vs Arsenal games the other day with Keane tearing into Vieira in the tunnel and Nistelrooy hitting the bar with that penalty & Keown going mad at him argh the good old days ?

Anyway I’m really happy with the transfer dealings as I don’t have to watch that donkey Lukaku anymore although I’m a bit worried where our goals are going to come from ?

Back