Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Should have stayed in bed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Had my first 'one of those days' as a windy today!

1st customer, got soaked p*ss*d down.

2nd customer, stood in dog sh*t, didnt realise until climbed the ladder then on way down got a handful of the rung.

Left 2nd customers and forgot to clamp ladder, slid forwards and scuffed the bonnet horrendously!

3rd customer woke their son after he'd been in bed 2hrs following a 12hr night shift, gave me a right gobful.

4th customer had left back gate locked

5th customer, stood in more dog sh*t, tripped over a breeze block and face planted into a 5tonne pile of wet builders sand

6th customer no problems

7th and final one, had left money in a plastic tub, lud had blo2n off £30 floating in rain water.

Thank god todays over ??

Had my first 'one of those days' as a windy today!

1st customer, got soaked p*ss*d down.

2nd customer, stood in dog sh*t, didnt realise until climbed the ladder then on way down got a handful of the rung.

Left 2nd customers and forgot to clamp ladder, slid forwards and scuffed the bonnet horrendously!

3rd customer woke their son after he'd been in bed 2hrs following a 12hr night shift, gave me a right gobful.

4th customer had left back gate locked

5th customer, stood in more dog sh*t, tripped over a breeze block and face planted into a 5tonne pile of wet builders sand

6th customer no problems

7th and final one, had left money in a plastic tub, lud had blo2n off £30 floating in rain water.

Thank god todays over ??
Wow, that's pretty rubbish but days like that will make a man of you ? But on a serious note, I've never driven off with my clamps not on the ladder.  My secret?  I ALWAYS put them on the drivers seat or in the drivers footwell and that way I cannot forget. 

Forget today, and go again Monday! The good days massively outweigh the bad  Enjoy your weekend!

I use 40mm webbing straps with spring loaded hold buckles for my ladder (the type used for kayaks and surfboards). When I remove the ladder I drape the front one over the windscreen and secure it in full view with the wipers so I can't drive off without seeing it. Years ago I  loaded a kayak onto the roof bars of my car and got distracted before I secured it. I stopped at the traffic lights in Stroud but the boat kept going across the junction. Luckily I was the first car in the queue and no harm was done. Bart's tip is a good one. As is his tip to forget today. Have a good weekend and set about it again on Monday with renewed vigour. ??

Last edited by a moderator:

At least you've got a £30 customer, and hopefully they were plastic notes...

Sorry you had a rubbish day though, onwards and upwards ?

Didnt end to bad, a trip to Dusk till Dawn poker room in Nottingham last night ended in £500 profit.

Faith in life restored.

Anybody got number for chops away ????

Back