Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can i shorten this.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Can i shorten this to where my thumb is(and attach a snap connector) as i dont want to have to gather it up all the time and want to store my poles in soil pipes... Any advice would be great

15653633886613261964838880492595.jpg

Is that telescopic PU pipe? If so I'd highly recommend going tubeless with it. Recently went tubeless with my poles and it's a night and day difference. Used rectus fittings to go tubeless, had no trouble so far. Cut away the end cap a bit to make it slide up easier.

Just brought more PU so I'm van based for the most part now but being on a sack truck I can easy lift it out for troublsome properties  

Last edited by a moderator:
What you want to do and describe, is 'go tubeless.' It's a bit of a misnomer really as we can't actually go tubeless. Just means that there's no tube or very little tube left sticking out of the pole when storing it. This might not sound very helpful but as Ana says, in reality it can be extremely useful. Personally, I just cut my PU pole hose about 4 inches from the end of the pole when collapsed and fitted a JG connector but it can be done with other connectors

Is the exceed kit the best available on the market / thinking of tying it out snd would like to get the best product so any recommendations on be welcome 

@Marko067 does the John guest fitting slide up the pole easier than the text us fittings? What do they look like? Many thanks. I have wanted to do this myself for a while now. 

Once inside the pole there’s no difference. However, they have a slightly smaller diameter and so don’t catch as easily on the way into the pole. The John Guest fittings also have no water stop feature so you have to manage that by folding the hose before disconnecting and slipping a short piece of larger hose over the folded pole hose to keep it folded. These may seem like disadvantages but they are much cheaper and easier to fit than other types of connectors and work well with PU pole hose.

I use this method because I had issues with the ExCeed kit. It is very well made but I did not find it easy to fit and maintain.  When fitted it worked perfectly at first but I quickly began to have problems with disconnections and seemed to constantly be disassembling the pole to ‘fix’ it on the job. 

However, it has to be said that many on the forum report getting on with it fine though.

My method is to keep my kit as simple as possible.  This way I spend less down time because there’s less to go wrong.

Using genuine Rectus fittings also makes a difference too - connecting and disconnecting is easier and they last a lot longer. That being said I also keep a spare set just in case. I bored the hole out on the exceed sleeve so I connect directly to the reel hose, although it’s heavier and slightly more cumbersome I have no other connections or joins so snagging has been completely eliminated.

I connect directly to the reel hose, although it’s heavier and slightly more cumbersome I have no other connections or joins so snagging has been completely eliminated.

I do this too, but can’t say I notice the extra weight, i find it so much easier. 

Back